Here are the characters in Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World. Be sure to pick up a Times Guide each morning to see their exact meet and greet times.
Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater – 9 am to 8 pm – Team McQueen Headquarters near Streets of America
Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc – 10 am to 2:30 pm & 3:40 to 5:00 pm – Near Studio Backlot Tour
Phineas and Ferb – 9:30 am to 2:00 pm & 3:10 to 7 – Near Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Toy Story Friends near Pixar Place
- Meet Woody and Buzz from park opening to park close
- Green Army Men – Find them walking around in front of Toy Story Mania during the day
Disney Animation Building
- Sorcerer Mickey – 10 am to 7:30 pm
- The Incredibles* – 11:30 am to 2:30 pm & 3:30 to 6:30 pm
- Wreck It Ralph – 10:30 am – 1:30 pm & 2:40 pm – 6:00 pm
Stars of Playhouse Disney
Found in the Animation Courtyard between 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates
- Sofia from Sofia The First
Sorcerer Hat Character Greetings
9 am – 1 pm and 2:10 pm – 3 pm
I’ve seen the following (if it is raining, look for them in Art of Animation)
Daisy and Donald (together!)
Goofy and Pluto
Tigger and Pooh
My tips for meeting the characters:
- Almost all characters sign, make sure you have an autograph book (write your cell phone number in it) and pen for them to use (their hands are big so you might want to get one of the fat sharpies.)
- Character handlers (the cash members that work with characters) have a light blue shirt on. If you see someone standing around with a light blue shirt, it means a character is about to come out. Ask them!
- When you get in line, ask the cast member when the character plans to go get a snack. You might not want to wait the extra 5 minutes for their break.
- Only face characters (like the Princesses) speak. You could explain this to your child by saying that the other characters have to save their voices for the parades and shows (where they do speak).
- It is okay to ask questions to the characters about their movies, life, etc. It might be fun while you wait in line to come up with a question to ask them. Just don’t ask Chip and Dale where they keep their nuts!
- When we meet a character, we get the autograph first (make sure you open your book to a clean page while you are waiting in line), give hugs and then take a picture. The characters will help your children to turn around to pose for the picture.
- Don’t forget to say “please” when asking for an autograph & photo and then “thank you” afterwards.
- Take a picture of your child as they walk towards the character. I’ve caught some cute pictures of Jacob with his arms outstretched towards the character. It’s so cute.
- Most characters have a Photopass Photographer with them. They will take pictures with your camera too. Don’t be afraid to ask!
- It is okay to have a picture made with just your kids and then you jump in for a second shot.
- If you have more tips for this list, please add them to the comments so I can update it.
Here is a list of all the characters you can meet in the Magic Kingdom.