I often get asked what my top tips are for Disney World. So if I only had your ear for 10 minutes, this is what I would tell you….
- Fastpasses are FREE and available to anyone who has a ticket. Use them to your advantage to avoid waiting in long lines.
- Counter service restaurants and snack windows that serve fountain drinks will give you ice water for free. Just ask!
- Animal Kingdom does not have lids on their drinks and they have paper straws. If you have young kids, make sure you bring them a sippy cup/water bottle to this park.
- You do not have to carry your packages around with you all day. You can either have them sent up to the front of the park to pick up on your way out or if you are staying on Disney property you can have them sent to your resort’s gift shop (next day).
- You do NOT have to tour Disney World together. It is okay to split up and do your own thing. Just schedule meals together and leave it at that. When you have a large party, everyone is not going to want to do the same thing at the same time. Disney is all about having fun! It is okay to have your fun without your 10 person family having it with you.
- Cast members are there to help you. Ask them everything! They know secrets you wouldn’t believe. And there is a great chance they can direct you to the perfect parade viewing spot. If we hadn’t asked a cast member on our first trip if we had picked a good spot for the fireworks, we would of missed the whole thing because of trees! (For the record we like to sit at the tables in front of Casey’s to see Wishes.)
- Aren’t sure where to find characters? Just read the free Times Guide that you can pick up each morning at entrance to the park (you can also find it next to just about every register too). It lists the times and locations of almost every character that is meeting that day as well as parades, fireworks, shows, etc.
- If you are looking for a specific character, just ask a character handler (the cast members that work with characters). They have a radio that they can use to call around and find out where and when that character is suppose to meet.
- Photopass photographers will also use your camera to take pictures. This is a great way to get the family photographer actually in your pictures! You do not have to purchase anything from Photopass to use this service!
- You can make your own autograph books at home and save money! Characters will sign anything really… shirts, hats, pillow cases, canvas, etc. They just won’t sign anything that you are currently wearing.
What would your top tips be if you only had someone’s attention for 10 minutes?
Disney World is the Most Magical Place On Earth. Be sure to learn how to make the most of your trip by reading the Disney World Training series. You can also browse all the articles I have written in an easy to use outline. And if you are ready to book your trip, be sure to read about the perks of using an authorized Disney vacation planner (plus it’s FREE!).