Mickey Mouse has been busy with his Chef’s creating great new healthy food choices for our kids. The new Mickey Check Meals are a kid’s best friend when it comes to wanting delicious and nutritious food . While your child can still have the same chicken nuggets, burgers, hot dogs and the like. They can also mix in some healthier options throughout the visit at both Quick-Service locations and Table-Service locations within the Disneyland Resort.
The Mickey Check Meals now makes it easier than ever to help your kids find colorful, delicious and healthier food options. To become a Mickey Check Item (and earning the above icon), the foods must meet Disney Nutrition Guidelines for sugar, saturated fat, sodium and of course calories. The Disney Chefs have had a lot of fun with the challenge of introducing their young guests to some great new tastes. And for the kids it’s just awesome!
Throughout Disneyland Resort restaurants you can find some of these Mickey Check Meals:
- Tortilla Jo’s in Downtown Disney offers Garden Vegetable Burrito
- Wine Country Trattoria in California Adventure offers kids Fresh Fish Of The Day
- Ariel’s Grotto, located in California Adventure, is now offering Glazed Chicken on a Sugar Cane Skewer with Wild Rice
- Blue Bayou Restaurant, just inside Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland, offers kids Seared Salmon with Spaghetti
- Storyteller’s Cafe in Grand Californian Hotel and Spa is offering Pasta with Turkey Meathballs
- Carnation Cafe in Disneyland updated the old tired Mac and Cheese by serving it with broccoli and fresh fruit
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria in Downtown Disney offers kids a Risotto with sweet peas
- Carthay Circle Restaurant in California Adventure is offering Mini Chicken Tacos with Black Beans and Rice
- Napa Rose in California Adventure has an offer of Grilled Prime Beef Tenderloin with Multigrain Rice
I’m telling you after reading through some of these items, I’m hungry. I also want to be a kid again. Risotto with Sweet Peas? Beef Tenderloin? Wow Disney Chefs have hit it out of the park with the offerings. I know my son will enjoy most of these items and I look forward to seeing some more color on his plate the next time we visit Disneyland.
If you’ve had a chance to experience any of the Mickey Check Meals, please let us know what and where you experienced it, as well as your review of the food. We all want to know how it tastes!
Are you ready to plan your next family vacation? Let the Dream Team help you plan!