Disneyland Paris is, “where magic gets real”. Disneyland Paris contains 2 theme parks: Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios park. Learn tips on must do’s for each park, plus weather, Suggested Number of days and more.
Disneyland Park at 140 acres is comparable in size to Magic Kingdom at 107 acres. However, Walt Disney Studios park is one of the smallest Disney parks worldwide at 62 acres. The 2 largest Disney parks are found at Disney World, Epcot at 305 acres and Animal Kingdom at 500 acres (largely due to Kilimanjaro Safari’s). However, trying to compare the parks is tough, since they are unique in their own ways.
Do Note, a multi-year expansion is planed for Disneyland Paris, equaling 2 billion Euro. Confirmed, Walt Disney Studios Park will gain 3 new areas: Frozen, Marvel & Star Wars, with a new lake in the center. Projects will begin in 2021 and be completed in phases.
Average Weather By Month
January – Average high of 43 degrees, 2 hours of sunshine with 9 hours daylight
February – Average high of 45 degrees, 3 hours of sunshine with 10 hours daylight
March – Average high of 50 degrees, 4 hours of sunshine with 12 hours daylight
April – Average high of 57 degrees, 6 hours of sunshine with 15 hours daylight
May – Average high of 64 degrees, 7 hours of sunshine with 15 hours daylight
June – Average high of 70 degrees, 7 hours of sunshine with 16 hours daylight
July – Average high of 75 degrees, 8 hours of sunshine with 16 hours daylight
August – Average high of 73 degrees, 7 hours of sunshine with 14 hours daylight
September – Average high of 68 degrees, 6 hours of sunshine with 13 hours daylight
October – Average high of 59 degrees, 4 hours of sunshine with 11 hours daylight
November – Average high of 50 degrees, 3 hours of sunshine with 9 hours daylight
December – Average high of 43 degrees, 2 hours of sunshine with 8 hours daylight
Park Hour Examples
January 2019 Hours:
Disneyland Park to to
Walt Disney Studios Park to to
May 2019 Hours:
Disneyland Park to to
Walt Disney Studios Park to 8:0 to
Many English speaking guests worry about the language barrier. However, past guests report it is not an issue. Most Cast Members actually speak English, and restaurant menus are in English. The shows alternate between French & English. However, it is a nice gesture to learn small phrases, such as greeting with a Bonjour!
Must Do Disneyland Park:
- Le Carrousel de Lancelot – Take a spin on Sir Lancelot’s merry-go-round.
- Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain – an overlay of Space Mountain – do note, this version goes upside down.
- Captain Jack’s – Restaurant des Pirates – A table service meal overlooking the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.
- Phantom Manor – Home to 999 happy haunts, this is their version of Haunted Mansion.
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril – A thrilling coaster putting guests on a runaway wagon.
- Walt’s – an American restaurant – An elegant table service dining option in a Victorian setting.
- Plaza Gardens Restaurant – This is a Breakfast Buffet Character dining experience on Main St USA.
- Disney Stars On Parade – Find a seat for the daily daytime parade, featuring Classic Characters, a fire breating Dragon and more.
- Meet & Greets – including Thumper & Miss Bunny, Marie, Peter Pan, Alice, Aladdin and more. (Characters subject to change)
- The spectacularly sparkly Disney Illuminations show – a nighttime fireworks show using Sleeping Beauty’s Castle as the backdrop.
- Explore Sleeping Beauty Castle – go upstairs and see the beautiful Stained Glass Windows, and go under to see the La Taniere Du Dragon, a Dragon under the Castle!
Must Do Walt Disney Studios Park:
- Crush’s Coaster – A fun and thrilling ride themed after Find Nemo.
- Disney Junior – Live On Stage! – Little ones will love seeing Vampirina and more Disney Junior friends.
- Ratatouille: The Adventure – a fun 4D attraction.
- Meet & Greets – including Buzz Lightyear, Goofy or Friends, an encounter with Spider-Man and more. (Characters subject to change)
- Toy Story Playland – Their version of Toy Story Land, with 3 attractions opened in 2010. Find these attractions: Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop, Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin and RC Racer.
- Bistrot Chez Rémy – Dine on French cuisine in this sit-down restaurant themed after Ratatouille.
Familiar & Classic Rides
There are also classic rides that are must do’s. At Disneyland Park find classic rides such as: it’s a small world, Dumbo, Mad Hatter Tea Cups, Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan’s Flight – all great for any height. Plus, meet the mouse himself, Mickey and ride Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Park. At Walt Disney Studios Find Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith and Tower of Terror.
However, do note, Disneyland Paris has confirmed their Rock n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be reimagined into a Marvel attraction. The high-speed thrill ride will feature Iron Man and your favorite Marvel characters.
Disney Village is Disneyland Paris version of a Disney Springs or Downtown Disney, being a shopping and entertainment district. Consider a hot air balloon ride on PanoraMagique, a movie at Gaumont Cinemas, character dining at Café Mickey and more. Many familiar dining options include: Starbucks, Five Guys, Rainforest Café, Earl of Sandwich, Planet Hollywood and even a McDonald’s! Your favorite Disney shops are also found here including: World of Disney, Disney Store, The LEGO Store and more.
How Many Days?
Ideally, one full day per park is perfect to fully experience each park on their own. However, with no strollers in tow it is possible to do both parks in one day getting a lot accomplished, especially for an adults only trip. For true Disney fanatics, I recommend 3 full days (2 for Disneyland, 1 for Walt Disney Studios park with a visit to Disney Village). If time allows add 2-3 days for sightseeing Paris.
For an idea of cost, read: Cost To Visit Each Disney Theme Park Around The World.
- FASTPASS are the old style, using tickets from a kiosk. Guests are limited to 1 Fastpass Ticket at a time.
- Purchase the Super FASTPASS or Ultimate FASTPASS to cut down wait times, a limited number are sold daily.
- Disney Hotel VIP FASTPASS – Castle Club or Suites Guests at Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Hotel New York, Disney’s Newport Bay Club or Disney’s Sequoia Lodge receive unlimited access to the FASTPASS line during their stay, as a perk.
- Disney Hotel FASTPASS – Receive 1 FASTPASS per day (per guest) for Guests staying at Disney’s Hotel New York (Empire State Club rooms), Disney’s Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club room) and Disney’s Newport Bay Club (Compass Club rooms).
- Check when France has their Summer break (and more) for the year. Summer brings longer park hours and more sunlight, however during local summer break, it also brings crowds.
- Disneyland Paris is Cold in the Winter, prepare to layer up. Al though crowds will be low, park hours are also shorter.
- Another way to tell crowd levels is by searching Park Prices, generally the higher price the tickets are the busier Disney expects it to be.
- Consider booking through the UK site versus US site for savings.
- Magic Hours are a nice perk of staying at a Disney hotel.
Are you going to Disneyland Paris in 2019? Learn, 5 Confirmed Events For Disneyland Paris 2019
photo credit: Thank you, Ngoc D!