FrontierLand is a great place to spend a few hours. There are many restaurants and activities in this area. They even have a petting zoo type of a place. They have cows, goats, and turkeys and other farm animals that you can see as part of Frontier Land. We love the rides in this area.
Here is everything I know about the rides and activities they have in Frontier Land:
- This is on an Island in the middle of the Rivers of America.
- This place is like a kids play area within the Disneyland park.
- There are lots of caves and activities
- You take a boat to get to the island. If you get sea sick or have a hard time with riding on boats as you stand,you may not want to go to this part of the park.
- This is a great place for all ages. But the caves are kind of small at times so you may not be able to follow your kids in.
- This used to be Tom Sawyers Island and there are still some things over there that are still themed with Tom Sawyer.
- They have a tree house, caves, a fort, a few pirate activities, and many places to climb and run. You could spend 1/2 the day on the island if you wanted too.
Thunder Mountain Rail Road
- This is a faster ride. You sit in a train car and zoom through the gold mines of the frontier.
- You must be 40 inches tall to ride this ride.
- They have parent passes for this ride.
- They only have fast passes on busy days. When they have them they usually get all taken by 7 or 8pm so this is a good one to get fast passes for later in the day. If it is an extra busy time of your you may want to get them earlier.
- My daughter who is 4 loves this ride. It is fast, but it is a good one for younger kids as it isn’t a very big roller coaster.
- Those in wheelchairs need to transfer to ride this ride.
Mark Twain Riverboat
- This is a HUGE white boat that circle the Rivers of America.
- Though it sounds simple, it is a really fun ride. It is modeled after the old river boats.
- You get on the boat and ride around the river. there are Indians and animals to see as you go. This is a good rest type ride to add into your day.
- There is wheelchair access and special seating for the handicap on the boat.
Big Thunder Ranch Petting Zoo
- This is tucked behind the thunder mountain railroad. It is easy to miss if you don’t know to walk around tot he back of the ride.
- There are different animals here every time I go. This is a really fun calm activity that breaks up the rides of Disney
- There are goats, turkeys, cows, sheep donkeys and pigs there.
- They have a barn and a hand wash station where you can wash your hands after petting the animals.
- During the holiday months they have reindeer here you can see but not pet. They also have a meet and great with Santa and Mrs. Clause!
This Disneyland training article was written by my friend Melissa. Melissa is a Wife and Mother of 3 (ages 5, 3, and 1). Her family lives 10 minutes from Disneyland and visit the magical park at least 1 a week! She also blogs over at Living A Frugal Life about how to have a frugal life while still having a rich family life. She loves DIY projects, cooking from scratch, saving money and spending time with her little family!
Disneyland is the Happiest Place On Earth. Be sure to learn how to make the most of your trip by reading the Disneyland Training series. You can also browse all the articles I have posted in an easy to use outline. And if you are ready to book your trip, be sure to read about the perks of using an authorized Disney vacation planner (plus it’s FREE!).