Welcome to this week’s edition of Around the Mouse! This edition is courtesy of Couponing to Disney and Destinations in Florida. The Around the Mouse is a free weekly newsletter with insider updates from Disney World.
Click here to download the full issue of Around the Mouse.
This Week’s Featured Story:
Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks Now Open.
The Trek Snacks menu varies throughout the day, with delicious pastries in the morning and more substantial bites like sushi and sandwiches in the afternoon and evening. Pastries include assorted muffins and Danish, croissants and an indulgent chocolate twist. Healthful snacks like fresh fruit, crudité and hummus, edamame and an Asian noodle salad are available. At Thirsty River Bar, look for specialty cocktails such as the Khumbu Icefall (guava rum blended with coconut and raspberry puree), Himalayan Ghost (Snow Leopard vodka, guava, and Odwalla lemonade) and the Durbar Margarita. Non-alcoholic drinks are also available.
Here is some more Disney’s Animal Kingdom news out of Walt Disney World this week:
- Upcoming Refurbishments at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Beginning Jan. 4, the following experiences will begin refurbishment:
- Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia, scheduled to return to operation on Jan. 21
- Kali River Rapids in Asia, scheduled to return to operation in mid-February
- Disney Outfitters on Discovery Island, scheduled to return in mid-March
During the refurbishment of Disney Outfitters, Riverside Depot will remain open. Wilderness Explorers badges typically earned within Maharajah Jungle Trek will continue to be available from Badge Guides outside the location.
- Additional FastPass+ Location Available Dec 26-Jan 2: From Dec. 26- Jan. 2, Guests can visit an additional FastPass+ kiosk in Asia, across from Yak & Yeti Restaurant.
- Food and Beverage Kiosks Get New Names: Some of the Food & Beverage kiosks around the park have new official names. The new names will be reflected in My Disney Experience and on guidemaps. The following kiosks have transitioned to new names:
- Terra Treats on Discovery Island previously known locally as the Allergy Kiosk
- Mahindi in Africa previously known locally as the Harambe Popcorn Cart
- Caravan Road in Asia previously known locally as Bradley Falls
- Warung Outpost in Asia previously known locally as Upcountry
- Chakranadi in Asia previously known locally as Maharajah Pretzel
- Eight Spoon Cafe on Discovery Island previously known as Beastly Kiosk
- Smiling Crocodile on Discovery Island previously known as Gardens Kiosk
- Feeding Ground on Discovery Island previously known locally as DI Popcorn
Click Here to Read More About These and Other Stories in This Week’s Edition of Around the Mouse.
Written by Lori Wall: Lori is a lifelong fan and visitor of Walt Disney World! Her love of Disney World has grown through visits with her own family as well as through planning magical vacations for others! Lori is an expert in maximizing vacations while sticking to a travel budget. Contact her about saving an extra 5% off your Disney vacation with an insider tip! Book your vacation with Lori at (845) 698- 0102 or request a price online.