Pinterest has some excellent craft ideas and I came across this DIY Snowflake Door Hanger and just knew I had to make it! I absolutely love how it turned out! Here’s how to make this snowflake:
- Popsicle sticks
- Round wooden disks (I found a bag of them at Hobby Lobby that had 3 different sizes in it)
- White spray paint
- White glitter
- Hot glue gun
1. Start by gluing all of the sticks to the disks. There’s no right or wrong way to do this. Just however you want your snowflake to look.
2. This step is completely optional, but I glued smaller disks on top of the sticks where they came together on the back side. I felt that this just gave it extra holding power.
3. This is what your snowflake will look like after you’ve finished it. Let the glue dry completely for about 30 minutes before spray painting it.
4. Spray paint the whole thing white. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter all over it. Let it sit for a while to dry.
5. Add a ribbon to the top and hang it up!
Check out this DIY Elf Clothesline I made the other day!
Be sure to check out all of my Christmas Crafts!
(Thanks Ballard Bunch!)