Doing laundry at Walt Disney World is not a fun way to spend your vacation. But if you are like me, you either want to pack light or you just don’t own enough clothes to last the entire length of your trip. If you have to do laundry, here are some tips to help you get through it.
1. Receive a text message when your laundry is finished – All of the laundry rooms at Walt Disney World are connected to the LaundryView System. LaundryView is an internet based monitoring System that connects the laundry rooms through a Web browser. All of the washers and dryers will show availability, in use, idle or out of order letting you know when it is the perfect time to grab a machine. You can even leave your laundry and set an alert, by clicking on the Login link and entering your e-mail address and password. You can click on the machine you are using and request notification via text message when the cycle is finished. If the laundry room you want to use is full, no worries, you can set up a notification to tell you when there are washers and dryers available. Be sure to check out LaundryView before heading to the laundry room on your next vacation and avoid the laundry room blues!
2. Use Your Credit Card – The washers and dryers at Walt Disney World now take credit cards and debit cards instead of quarters. The cost of a load at Walt Disney World is $3for the washer and $3 for the dryer.
3. Plan laundry around swimming – Many of the laundry rooms are located in close proximity to the pools. The value resorts have the laundry rooms directly beside each of their pools while the deluxe resorts have the laundry rooms close to the pool area. Put your laundry in the washer and swim while you wait for to need to transfer it to the dryer.
If you are staying at a value, the laundry rooms at the quiet pools will be far less crowded than the one by the main pool.
4. Pack your own soap – Walt Disney World charges $1 for a one load size of laundry detergent. Pack a few Tide Pods in a ziploc bag and bring them with you instead.
5. Bring a towel to the laundry room – We learned long ago that the Disney dryers don’t always dry the load in one cycle. So we shake each item as we remove it from the washer to expand it and then throw it in the dryer with a fresh, dry towel from the room. When the load finishes, everything is perfectly dry!
6. Stay in a one or two bedroom villa – If you are a DVC member or you rent points from someone who is, you will be excited to know that your room comes with a washer and dryer. They provide one load of detergent for you, so be sure to carry additional detergent with you. Otherwise you can purchase additional boxes from Disney.
Disney does offer a valet Laundry service and the rates are available in your room. I think it would be cheaper to just go buy all new clothes than to use their valet laundry service.
Here is a list of 5 Fastpass+ Reservations that aren’t worth making.