Animal Kingdom is getting ready to celebrate Earth Month, select dates in April.
Part of Earth Month gets us thinking about how we can help our planet through recycling, planting a tree and making a butterfly garden, learning about wildlife and conservation and more. Animal Kingdom will have engaging activities to educate and inspire guests to learn about nature and more.
Starting April 18th through April 24th enjoy added opportunities, merchandise, themed food and more.
2021 Earth Month Celebrations At Animal Kingdom:
- The Animation Experience at Conservation station shows how Disney Artists bring favorite characters to life by using animals for inspiration. For the Earth Day Celebration and the month of April, you can learn to draw characters – including Dumbo, Terk, Squirt, Shere Khan, Simba and Scar – whose real-life counterparts represent amazing stories of conservation work around the globe.
- Catch a glimpse of some special characters who will join other favorite Disney pals on Discovery River Character Cruises
- Nosh around the park sampling Earth Day eats, including a selection of limited-time specialty cupcakes: the Creature Comfort’s Honey Bee Cupcake, the strawberry-flavored Flamingo Cupcake at Flame Tree Barbecue, or the Sea Turtle Graham Cracker Cupcake (plus the Crave the Wave cocktail!) at Restaurantosaurus Lounge. Be sure to dig in as the treats are only available for a limited time.
- Set out on a series of self-guided, nature-themed challenges and earn a special Wilderness Explorer limited-time Earth Day Nature badge.
- Hunt for an Earth Day 2021 limited-edition Te Fiti Moana trading pin. You can also support the Disney Conservation Fund by purchasing a cuddly plush inspired by species that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom home; or check out Island Mercantile’s eco-friendly water bottles, tumblers and reusable bags that promote sustainability.
- Any time you visit the park, marvel at unique animals and meet the newest arrivals. Most recently, the park welcomed the birth of Ranger, and you can get a glimpse of the rambunctious five-month-old white rhino calf and his crash on your journey aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris. While on safari, also keep an eye out for two young Masai giraffe who were born a few months ago, and playful Nigerian dwarf goats that hang out at the warden’s outpost.
- Disney PhotoPass Service captures magical memories with special in-park Earth Day backgrounds and Magic Shots, including an all-new photo opportunity. In addition, Earth Day screen savers and Zoom backgrounds can be downloaded from the My Disney Experience PhotoPass gallery.
Click here for all the latest Disney News!
Going to Disney? You might qualify for a Disney Gift Card when you book your trip with the Couponing to Disney travel specialist!