Today was day 13 of Everyday at Disney. We decided to go to Epcot to check out the new Festival of the Arts. It wasn’t overly busy which was a nice break from the Christmas crowds we have endured since the beginning of our year long challenge.
I made a huge mistake today that I hope you will learn from! We were on Spaceship Earth and when you first start the ride you get to select your language. I clicked on English and I thought it automatically saved your choice. So when the baby started tapping around on the screen, I wasn’t alarmed. Well guess what….she picked Chinese. And the entire ride was in Chinese. All 15 minutes of the ride.
So don’t let your child tap around on the screen until AFTER the language choice is finalized and he begins to talk in your chosen language.
Festival of the Arts
I am so excited about this Festival (read more here). There isn’t that much going on between 9 AM – 11 AM. There is an Animation Academy class that takes place in Innovetions East every hour from 9:15 – 6:15. There is also a Figment scavenger hunt that you can purchase but you can not begin it until the World Showcase opens at 11 AM.
I walked around taking pictures of everything that was open and talking with Cast Members about the plans for the Festival. We are heading back in the morning to participate in some of the activities. I am really excited!
Tidbits for You
Here are some things from our day to help you plan yours
- We were able to Fastpass Test Track for 9:15 AM when I logged in at 6:45 AM. Love being able to score last minute Fastpasses. Soarin’ was available in the afternoon and of course Frozen Ever After was not available to book.
- We were at the very end of the row again. A guy cut me off at the entrance booths and he got the last parking spot at the top of the row. I was so excited for a second until the Cast Member pointed me alllllllll the way down the row. Luckily I know that there is sidewalk access from the bottom of the parking lot too so I just walked across the bottom rows and onto the sidewalk.
- Security tends to be strict at Epcot. They are sending everyone through the metal detectors. It wasn’t as hectic as it was last time because I used the entrance from the parking lot versus the one that Disney Resort buses and Monorail Guest use. Pack your patience as the security guards are not overly friendly since they are having to deal with disgruntled Guests who don’t want to all have to go through the metal detectors.
- Mission: Space is a great choice when the park opens if you have a Fastpass for Test Track or Soarin’ and aren’t interested in riding the one you don’t have a Fastpass for. My kids both went on it (different sides) and there was no one else there.
- You can walk around the United Kingdom Pavilion before 11 AM and get some excellent shots with no one else in them. However, all of the buildings are closed until the official opening time of 11 AM.
- The games at the end of Spaceship Earth are a great choice for when it is super hot or raining. My kids love playing these games!
Day 14’s plan is Epcot again!
We are going to Disney everyday in 2017! Follow along with our Everyday at Disney adventures!