The excitement for Disney+ has been growing for Disney fans since it was first announced. Disney+ is an ad-free experience featuring Disney fans favorite movies, TV shows, plus original content, documentaries and more! Furthermore, Disney+ will become the exclusive streaming home for 2019 The Walt Disney Studios movies, such as The Lady and the Tramp.
When It’s Coming:
Disney+ will launch in the USA, Canada and the Netherlands on November 12, 2019. Then, in New Zealand and Australia on November 19, 2019.
- U.S.: $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year
- Canada: $8.99CAD per month or $89.99 per year
- The Netherlands: €6.99 per month or €69.99 per year
- Australia: $8.99AUD per month or $89.99 per year
- New Zealand: 9.99NZD per month or $99.99 per year
How To Access:
Starting on the launch date, customers can subscribe to Disney+ directly or with an in-app purchase to start streaming. Devices to watch Disney+ on are indicated below!
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase)
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast, and Chromecast built-in devices)
- Microsoft (Xbox One)
- Sony/Sony Interactive Entertainment (all Android-based Sony TVs and PlayStation®4)
- Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)
- As of 11/7, Amazon Fire TV Devices
Fans Can Look Forward To:
Fans have much to be excited for with Disney+, expect more than 8,000 Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic TV shows and movies within first years (500 movies & 7,500 episodes to watch). Watch Moana, Frozen, Toy Story and much more. Plus new releases such as Dumbo and Aladdin. There will be no R-Rated content on Disney+.
Also coming are newer releases such as Toy Story 4, Dumbo, Captain Marvel, Avengers: Endgame and more. Plus Disney fans can look forward to watching Frozen 2, Mistress of Evil and more on Disney+.
Furthermore, The Simpsons is coming to Disney+. The first 30 seasons of The Simpsons will be available as of launch date.
Original Production Highlights:
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (Live Action)– The 10-episode scripted series, set at the real-life East High, where the original movie was filmed, follows a group of students as they count down to opening night of their school’s first-ever production of “High School Musical.”
- The Mandalorian (Live Action) – The series is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order, the series follows a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
- Forky Asks a Question (Animated) – Follow Forky, from Disney and Pixar’s “Toy Story 4,” answering questions about how the world works, such as: What is love? What is time? and more in a series of 10 shorts.
- SparkShorts (Animated) – Disney+ will be the exclusive home of “SparkShorts,” the Pixar Animation Studios short film series designed to discover new storytellers and explore new storytelling techniques from across the studio.
- Encore! (Documentary) – Executive producer Kristen Bell brings together former castmates of a high school musical, tasking them with re-creating their original performance in a high school reunion like no other.
- Untitled Walt Disney Imagineering Documentary Series (Documentary)– The documentary series chronicles the 65+ year history of Walt Disney Imagineering with parallel storylines of the people, the craft, and the business.
- Marvel’s Hero Project (Documentary)– The series shows positive change several young heroes are making in their own communities.
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum (Documentary) – Each episode is centered around something we all love – like sneakers or ice cream – as Jeff pulls the thread on these deceptively familiar objects and unravels a wonderful world of astonishing connections, fascinating science and history, amazing people, and a whole lot of surprising big ideas and insights.
- “Lady and the Tramp” (Original Film) — Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux voice Lady and Tramp, respectively, in this live-action version of the 1955 animated classic.
Read more details and see Posters on 9 confirmed Original productions HERE.
Who else is excited for Disney+, Disney’s Streaming service?! Interested in signing up? Go HERE, click “Keep me updated” and enter your email to receive updates for when to sign up.
Click here for all the latest Disney News!
Going to Disney? You might qualify for a Disney Gift Card when you book your trip with the Couponing to Disney travel specialist!