Disney World has 4 main theme parks – Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. There is much to do and see, you will not get it all done on your first trip. However here are 25 things to do for your first visit.
1. Board on your pirate ship and take flight on Peter Pan’s Flight in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom.
2. Collect Pressed Pennies, found at various attractions and locations.
3. Take a ride on Kilimanjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom and see over 34 species of African Animals.
4. Meet with Chewbacca at Star Wars Launch Bay.
5. Start a pin collection and pin trade, look for Cast Members wearing lanyards and pin boards in stores.
6. Stop to watch the Dapper Dans harmonize on Main Street, U.S.A.
7. Sign up for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, at the Fire Station. Collect your map here and then begin the interactive game. Plus, the Spell Cards are yours to keep, making for a great free souvenir.
8. Meet Mickey as The Sorcerer’s Apprentice on Commissary Lane at Hollywood Studios.
9. Watch Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire – A live stage show at Cinderella’s Castle, multiple times throughout the day. It stars Mickey and his friends along with Rapunzel and her friends, Tiana and her friends and Anna, Elsa, Olaf, etc.
10. Ride Frozen Ever After in Norway at Epcot. Relive Disney’s Frozen on this attraction featuring your favorite characters Elsa, Anna, Olaf and more.
11. Visit L’Artisan des Glaces in the France pavilion for a Macaroon Ice Cream Sandwich.
12. Eat at Cinderella’s Royal Table, a Character dining experience serving breakfast, lunch or dinner, guests can meet Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Snow White and Ariel. Plus, a Photograph package with Cinderella is included with your meal cost.
13. Watch Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom. This live show is a remarkable retelling of Disney’s The Lion King.
14. Visit Cinderella’s Fountain found behind the Castle at Magic Kingdom, near the Castle Coutures shop. Find out why you should bow down to this fountain.
15. Eat a Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar – Find at ice cream carts around the parks. Its the perfect combination of vanilla ice cream & chocolate, plus its Mickey-Shaped!
16. Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom. Ride a mine train, see Snow White’s cottage and listen to the Dwarfs sing, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho…!
17. Drink LeFou’s Brew – Find this sweet drink at Gaston’s Tavern. Grab a photo in Gaston’s chair while you are there.
18. Dole Whip – A classic must have for many. Learn: Where to find Dole Whips at Disney.
19. Ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. There is something magical about getting the chance to ride Dumbo, a classic attraction.
20. See Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! at Hollywood Studios. This live show gives guests the chance to watch special effect just like in the movies.
21. Visit the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop at Disney Springs for a free sample of chocolate.
22. Ride Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. Guests will board their own clam shell and relive the story of how the Little Mermaid and the prince met.
23. Board your own Banshee and take flight on Avatar – Flight of Passage in Pandora – World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom.
24. Enter the Twilight Zone if you are brave enough to ride The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios.
25. Watch Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom, the nighttime fireworks spectacular.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.