Jones Family Travels Goes Fishing at Disney World
((Photo: Walt Disney World)
Did you know you can go fishing at Disney World? It’s “reel” fun, too!
Guided catch-and-release outings presented by TakeMeFishing.org lets you experience bass fishing at its finest—all year round! Whether you’re a seasoned fisherman or making your first attempt at catching a fish, the guided fishing excursion are fun for all ages. Check out the Jones Family on their first family excursion fishing at Disney World!
As you can see from the several catches the Joneses made, during your excursion, you will be fishing for largemouth bass in the waterways at Walt Disney World including Bay Lake!
Two watercraft options are available for fishing at Disney by boat. You can choose from Guided Bass Fishing Excursions, which includes a 21-foot Tracker pontoon boat that can accommodate up to 5 Guests, and Bass Nitro Fishing, which features a tournament-style Nitro Bass boat for one or 2 people. Both 2-hour and 4-hour excursions are offered, and if available, an extra hour may be added in person at the Marina.
Tip! If only one member of your party wants to head out for a peaceful afternoon of fishing at Disney, solo anglers can book an afternoon excursion at a reduced rate.
Whether you are going in a small group, a larger group or solo, Disney provides everything you’ll need. Walt Disney World Resort fishing excursions include:
- An experienced guide
- Rod and reel
- Artificial and/or live bait
- Non-alcoholic beverages (Guests may not bring beverages, food or coolers aboard.)
- One year BASS (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society) membership, which includes 11 issues of Bassmaster Magazine (one membership per excursion
- Life jackets will be provided and are required at all times for children ages 13 and under. (It’s recommend that all adults wear a life jacket as well.)
Just bring some protection from the sun, like sunscreen, sunglasses or hats and a your good luck (or skill), and get ready to catch some fish!
Locations for Fishing at Disney World
You can take Fishing excursions at the following marinas:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Prefer to Stay on On Land?
You can reel in some fun the old-fashioned way with a casting-rod fishing experience in well-stocked waters. All casting-rod fishing gear can be rented from the Fishin’ Hole at Old Man Island at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort—Riverside.
Call (407) 939-BASS or (407) 939-2277 to make a reservation. Reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance.
Will you try fishing at Disney on your next visit?