How would you like to turn your couponing savings into actual cash or Amazon gift cards? There is a program called Saving Star that does just that! Saving Star has a selection of eCoupons that can be added to your store’s loyalty card and when you purchase that product at participating stores (Saving Star works with your store loyalty card at CVS, Rite Aid, Albertsons, Dillon’s, Kroger, Ralph’s and many more stores) the eCoupon amount is added to your Saving Star account. When you reach $5, you can redeem your savings for Paypal or Amazon gift cards or you can donate it to the American Forests.
Here’s how it works:
- Create an account on Saving Star
- Add your loyalty card numbers to your Saving Star account
- Browse through available Grocery Coupons (find the link in the lower left corner ) and add the ones you think you will use to your account
- At the store, purchase the items (and you can use manufacturer paper coupons as well) and slide your loyalty card. Within 5-7 days, you will get a credit in your Saving Star account equivalent to eCoupon amount
- When you reach $5, cash out for Paypal or an Amazon gift card (and add it to your fund!)
Here are a few things to remember:
I’m a member of Upromise and see that its Grocery eCoupons are powered by SavingStar. Can I participate in both Upromise and SavingStar?
Yes. In fact, SavingStar (which was created as an independent company when it was spun out from Upromise) provides the eCoupons for the Upromise service. You may register for both the Upromise and SavingStar services, including registering your same store loyalty cards in each service. However, you may only activate a particular eCoupon in one service during a single promotion period. In the future, you’ll see SavingStar powering other rewards services as well.
How quickly do my savings post to my SavingStar account?
Your savings will typically post to your SavingStar account between two days and two weeks after your purchase, depending on how quickly stores send them purchase data. In rare cases it can take up to 30 days. SavingStar is actively working with retailers to post your savings as quickly as possible.
Does SavingStar offer iPhone® or Android® apps?
Yes! If you haven’t already done so, click here for iPhone® and here for Android® to download the apps. These apps allow you to choose eCoupons while on the go – including while you are shopping – and also help you remember which items to purchase to redeem your eCoupons.
Here are my earnings in the past 90 days. That translates to a $5.15 Paypal payment!
Be sure to check out all the various ways to earn rewards/coupons.