A Disney Dining plan allows guests to pre-pay for their food and then use their snack and meal credits as they please. It can take the guesswork out of paying for a major expense during your stay – dining. Some guests love it, some guests leave it every time. Today we are giving tips on how to do Disney World without a dining plan.
1. To give you an idea of prices and offering, I suggest looking at Disney menus prior to your vacation. All Disney menus can be found on their website and within the My Disney Experience app. Take a gander at the prices and what they serve to see if a Disney restaurant is a good fit for your family.
2. Eat breakfast in your Resort room. Save on one meal per day by having breakfast in your Resort room. Pop tarts, granola bars, fruit and more can be packed from home and eaten before you hit the parks. Read more tips for breakfast in your Resort room, including items to pack that travel well.
3. Have a picnic at the hub in Magic Kingdom. Did you know Disney World allows guests to bring in coolers? As long as it fits within the guidelines: no larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high. Therefore, consider ordering food to have delivered to your resort room and then pack a lunch for the parks. Magic Kingdom has a beautiful grassy area called the hub, in front of Cinderella’s Castle, perfect for a picnic.
4. No dining plan allows for more spontaneity, especillay if you skip the table-service meals. Using the dining plan means doing advanced dining reservations for the table-service and Character meals. By skipping all this guests have more freedom during the day without having to try to make a reservation. Luckily there are plenty of quick-service choices, such as these 30 Amazing Quick Service Restaurants At Disney World.
5. Load money onto Disney gift cards for the amount you need for dining. This way you can actually create your own dining plan! After browsing Disney menus get an idea how much you will need for your stay, then put yourself on a food budget and put a set amount aside.
6. Have a frugal Character meal. Dining with Disney characters is a magical experience, not to mention the excellent food offerings that are usually all you care to enjoy! Character meals are not cheap, however to get the most bang for your buck go to a Breakfast Character meal, which are the most frugal options. Now read, the 6 least expensive Character meals at Disney World.
7. Split meals at Disney. Luckily, Disney portions are usually generous and not having the dining plan means you can split meals. An easy (and frugal) crowd pleaser is pizza, consider one of these 21 places to find Pizza at Disney World.
Also Read: This Ultimate Split These Meals List By Park.
8. If you drink coffee and soda daily, the refillable mug will be worth the cost! Not having the dining plan means you would have to pay out of pocket for a refillable mug. For guests staying at a Disney Resort, it can actually be worth the price. Read a breakdown on if the refillable mug is worth the cost now to get an idea if it’s right for you!
9. Do more snacking than meals throughout the day. Instead of having a big lunch, consider multiple snacks throughout the afternoon. This will allow you to try many different snack items, and Disney has plenty of scrumptious choices!
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.