The Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland is an exciting jeep ride that takes you deep inside the cursed Temple of the Forbidden Eye. With Indy’s help, you can escape the supernatural pull of the Gates of Doom. Be sure not to look into the Forbidden Eye!
Indiana Jones is missing and you might be his last hope. You will venture deep into the dig site and walk past deadly booby traps that he disabled ahead of you. You’ll see carvings and frescos that tell the story of Mara – a powerful ancient deity who promised great treasures to the pure of heart and death to those foolish enough to gaze into its all-seeing eyes.
Your party will board a 12-person troop transport for a fast-paced thrill ride that simulates driving fast over rough terrain. You will enter one of 3 different chambers full of different treasures and adventures. There are over 160,000 possible ride combinations so each ride is a new adventure! There will be sharp turns, big bumps and sudden hills. It can be a little terrifying for kids, so I don’t suggest taking little ones on this unless you know what to expect first!
Length of Ride: 10 minutes including video
Height Requirement: 46″
Scare Factor: Dark and high paced. Not for those with a heart condition or blood pressure issues. This ride has snakes, spiders, and other insects and animals in it. if you are very scared of any of these you may want to not ride this ride as some of them look very real.
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Indoors
Ride Photo: Yes
Flash Photography: No
Queue: Wind deep inside a cavern full of treasures and booby traps. Queue is designed to look like Indiana Jones’s archeological camp; features the real truck that was used in the movie
Open for Magic Mornings: Yes
Fastpass: Yes. Fastpass machine is located between Jungle Cruise and the Indiana Jones entrance.
When to Ride: First thing in the morning or with Fastpass
Our Touring Strategy: We used a Fastpass for this one
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- There is a single rider line for those aged 7 and up
- During the first hour, Cast Members might stack the line outside the entrance to the inside queue to make it look more crowded so that the line doesn’t get too long too fast. Peek in the exit to see if there are people inside the queue.
- If this ride breaks, it takes about 15-30 minutes to fix it.
- Touch the idols, statues, stones, pull the rope, bamboo supports, etc. Touch everything.
- In the skeleton room, look for the skeleton wearing Mickey Mouse ears
- There are signs warning of bats in the queue. Look up into the lit holes and you will see the bats.
- Look for the phone and pick it up
- Look for the crooked bamboo pole and pull it
- If your little one needs to go potty, there is an emergency restroom. Just ask the CM.
- There is a hidden skeleton in the small cavern near the drinking fountain idol
- You have a choice of steps, go with the one least occupied
- Must view a video before boarding. In the video room, look above the entrance up near the projectors and you will see an Eeeyore sign; this pays homage to the eeyore parking lot that the Indiana Jones ride now occupies.
- The ride photo is taken as a boulder rolls towards the transport and the ride vehicle plunges
If you regularly visit Walt Disney World, here is the list of attractions that Disneyland has that you won’t find at WDW.
Learn more about Disneyland Parks.