Mondays are crazy busy days in our house and trying to figure out what’s for dinner can be challenging. And that is what I love so much about Emeals. It is a menu planning service that helps you take the guess work out of dinner. Each week, they send over a menu plan for 7 nights complete with recipes and shopping list. You can choose from the menu plan that fits your life including Classic Meals, Clean Eating, Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegetarian and more. You can even select the menu plan that is based around the sales at select grocery stores.
Monday’s recipe comes from the Emeals Publix Plan. It’s a delicious and easy to make Shepherd’s Pie that the whole family gobbled up.
- 1½ lbs potatoes, peeled & diced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables, about ⅔ of bag
- 1 cup beef broth
- Boil potatoes in water until soft.
- Drain & mash with broth, sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic, meat and onion in large frying pan. Drain.
- Add flour to meat and mix well.
- Add frozen veggies, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, & thyme. Mix well.
- Simmer on low 5 - 10 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Spread mixture in 11x7 inch baking dish or deep dish pie plate.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until potatoes are golden.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.