These little cupcakes are so good, you’ll have to force yourself to stop eating them! They’re tiny but so full of flavor. The icing is just the perfect amount of sweet to balance out the tart of the lemon flavor. Trust me, you’ll definitely want to make this one of your favorite desserts.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tbsp Caro syrup
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to temperature on the cake mix box.
- Mix cake batter according to the directions.
- Using a mini cupcake pan, fill each one 1/2 full.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes or until completely done.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For the icing, cream together Caro syrup, butter, and lemon extract. Slowly add in sugar until everything is completely mixed together and is the consistency of regular icing.
- Add a little icing to the top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Refrigerate for an hour and serve cold.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.