Here in the south, we love our cobblers. My friend Tammy was visiting a few weeks ago, and she made this peach cobbler that was her grandmother’s recipe. She was sweet enough to let me share it with all of you!
- 1 c. of sugar
- 1 c. of flour (self rising)
- 1 c. of milk
- 1 regular can of peaches (in heavy syrup)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a square pan, place the 1/2 stick of butter in the pan and leave it in the oven while it preheats.
- Mix the sugar, flour and milk until most of the lumps are gone – but they won’t all be gone. (Tammy’s note: I just use a whisk, not even the mixer.)
- When the oven is preheated, remove the pan. Pour the mixture into the butter – DO NOT STIR! You want the butter to kind of bubble over the mixture.
- Pour the peaches into the mix. Again, DO NOT STIR. you can move the peaches around a bit so they are spaced out, but don’t mix everything together.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.