With Old Man Winter just around the corner, this recipe is an excellent “cold night comfort food”. Even better, it makes up a lot and is fantastic when reheated!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 c. green bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. onion, diced
- 1 can tomato paste, 6 oz.
- 1 c. white rice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to directions on label.
- While the rice is cooking, brown the ground beef and drain.
- Saute bell pepper and onion together with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Combine ground beef, onion and bell pepper mixture, tomato paste, and 1 *can of water together. (*After you empty the tomato paste into the pan, fill the can up with water and put into the pan.)
- Let simmer until rice is finished. Then add the rice in and stir until coated.
- Continue to simmer for about 20 minutes and then add in desired amount of Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
See more recipes from Kristin’s Kitchen.