Mad Tea Party in Magic Kingdom spins you ’round and ’round in a giant teacup to celebrate your “un-birthday”. Each tea cup includes a giant wheel in the center that you can spin to make you rotate faster or leave it alone for a gentler ride.
Length of Ride: 1.5 minutes
Height Requirement: Any height
Scare Factor: Spins fast
Rider Switch (for small kids): No
Weather Procedure: Covered
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Yes, make sure you take one of your kid spinning and laughing
Extra Magic Hours: Open for morning and evening hours
When to Ride: Whenever the line is 15 minutes or less
Our Touring Strategy: We usually ride in the mornings.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- There are 18 cups. Don’t lolly gag. Get to the one you want asap.
- The teacup will spin faster if you limit your party to 3 or less in the teacup.
- Look at the top of the big center tea pot as you spin.
- If you don’t want to spin, don’t rotate the silver disc in the middle. Keep in mind that the platform will still spin you around but it won’t be as much.
- You can often find characters from Alice in Wonderland outside this ride. Look for Alice and the White Rabbit. They also pick a child to ride with them in the teacups around 9:30 before their set begins. My kids were chosen on our 2010 trip!
You will also enjoy the Tomorrowland Speedway in Magic Kingdom.