Are you starting to clean home and finding items you no longer want or need? One of my favorite things about re-organizing is reducing the number of items I have and earning extra cash while doing so. Have you ever thought about selling on eBay? Learn how to get started now.
I have been selling part-time on eBay since 2008. Some years/months I use it more than others. I never buy anything to resell. My inventory comes from items I no longer use need or get for nothing (such as promo items).
- Download the eBay app (for free) and sign up for an account
- You will need to pick a username (pick one that reflects what you will be selling if you can)
- You will automatically get 250 FREE listings a month (with no store subscription needed)
List Your Item:
- Click List Your Item, under selling, on the eBay app
- Start with a short description of what you are selling
- You can select from list if your exact item appears, otherwise continue without match
- Select condition of item (new, used, etc.)
- Photos: Add clear photos in good lighting of your product from all angles (back, front, side, etc). Close up photos of any important details
- Title: Include important key words in your title to improve search results
- Category: eBay is good with selecting a category but always double check it was categorized correctly
- Pricing: Select your pricing. I like to start with auctions and if item does not sell after a few, move to a 30-day buy-it-now listing
- Delivery: Enter how much shipping will cost. I always do a flat rate and not calculated. Invest in a small postal scale to weigh packages.
- List your item!
250 Free Listings per month is generous amount, previously it was 100 listings per month. Shipping will be the biggest learning curve. Anything under 16oz will ship fairly cheaply (under $5) to most locations in the USA. Media Mail (Books, DVDs, CDs) are also inexpensive to ship and have their own shipping category with the USPS. You can also use flat rate mailers (provided at no cost from the post office) to ship items at a flat rate and takes the guess work out on pricing (until you get a better feel for shipping costs). As you clean, put aside gently used or unopened items to list on eBay. The months leading up to the holidays are a busy time for shopping and a great time to start selling on eBay.
Learn more Money Savings Tips! We are here to help you Save to Survive in 2022 with creative ways to trim your budget, save on groceries, afford Christmas gifts and more. Join the SavEars community of friends.
Want to chat about a Disney vacation? Travel Agents (at no cost to you) are ready to help in the SavEars group.