Mark Twain Riverboat in Disneyland is a half-mile journey on a classic riverboat around Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island. Your adventure will take you by a frontier settlement, Native American village, and past the Haunted Mansion.
There are 4 decks on the 105-foot-long riverboat:
- Pilothouse – The top desk that features the wheelhouse and Captain’s Quarters.
- Promenade Deck – Includes a salon and collections of vintage items.
- Texas Deck – Best place to catch rays during your journey.
- Main Deck – where the boiler and pistons are located that control the paddlewheel.
Length of Ride: 18 minutes
Height Requirement: None
Scare Factor: None
Rider Switch (for small kids): None
Weather Procedure: Closed in inclement weather
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Yes
Open for Magic Mornings: No
When to Ride: Anytime before it closes at dusk
Our Touring Strategy: We saved this ride for early afternoon.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- Great way to relax and enjoy a breather.
- The Cast Member at the turnstile might be the next captain. Ask if you can go to the wheelhouse.
- If you are able to drive the riverboat, be sure to ask to sign the log book.
- On the tour of Rivers of America, look for the Indian boy and his pet dog.
You might also enjoy The Haunted Mansion.
Learn more about Disneyland Parks.