Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree in California Adventure is a tractor hoedown set to music by Mater and the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies and Larry the Cable Guy. On this attraction, guests are pulled by baby Holstein Heifer Chewall Diesel Powered tractors that spin and slide around. Each tractor is unique, so make sure you notice the characteristics of your specific tractor.
Length of Ride: 2 minutes
Height Requirement: 32″
Scare Factor: Possible Motion Sickness
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Closed in inclement weather
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: Yes
Queue: Queue has memorabilia from Lightning and Mater’s adventures. Talk about which things belong to which episodes of Mater’s Tall Tales (if you have seen them)
Open for Magic Mornings: Yes
When to Ride: First thing in the morning
Our Touring Strategy: We rode this one right after the Racers in the morning
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- There are 7 different songs that play.
- Mater’s Petting Zoo has a replica of the baby tractors where you can post for pictures.
- The queue splits towards the end as there are 2 ride systems; the crowds will usually go right, so go left if you can.
- Tractors can hold up to 3 people.
- Poles holding the ropes are radiator caps.
- Mater is inside the shed where he is singing and playing on his jukebox made of discarded oil drums, hubcaps, hoods, horns, mufflers and other auto parts.
Learn more about Disneyland Parks.