This Mexican Quinoa in the Slow Cooker was super easy to make and delicious! I encourage everyone to have at least one meatless meal a week.
- 1.5 pounds of butternut squash peeled and diced (equivalent to 4 cups)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and uncooked
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 cans (19 oz each) mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth (I use bullion cubes to make mine)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Peel and dice the butternut squash and dice the jalapeño pepper. Rinse the black beans and the quinoa. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.