Who wouldn’t love getting these Mickey and Minnie Mouse Valentine’s Day cookies? If you want to make these for your loved ones, the recipe is super simple!
First step, make sure you have a Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter.
- 1½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp No Color Almond Extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add this mixture 1 cup at a time to the butter mixture until well mixed.
- Divide dough into two balls (do not chill dough).
- On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inch wide and ⅛ inch thick.
- Select your favorite cookie cutter. Dip it into flour before each use.
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a a cooling rack.
- Once cool, decorate with your favorite designs.
To ice the cookies, just follow Wilton’s Royal Icing Recipe.
(A huge huge huge thank you and praise to my wonderful friend Charleen who made these amazing cookies for all of us to enjoy looking at!)