Did you know you can get a FREE credit report yearly?
Federal law allows anyone to obtain a free copy of your credit report, every 12 months, from each credit reporting company (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax).
Why This is Important:
- Ensure that the information on all of your credit reports is correct and up to date.
- Credit reports may affect your mortgage rates, credit card approvals, apartment requests, or even your job application.
- Reviewing credit reports helps you catch signs of identity theft early.
How to get your FREE Credit Report:
- Fill out one form to request one, two, or three credit reports
- Request your credit reports from Equifax, Experian or TransUnion.
- Before you get your credit reports, you will answer a few more questions. These questions are meant to be hard. You may even need your records to answer them. They are used to ensure that nobody but you can get your credit information.
- Your free report does not include credit scores
Simply head to Annual Credit Report.com to complete these steps and request yours! Then, be sure to request again one year from now.
Also Read: Write to Companies you LOVE