On the Quick Service Dining Plan at Walt Disney World, each person receives 2 Quick-Service meal credits and 2 snack credits per person per night of resort stay. Plus each person receives one Resort refillable drink mug.
$55 per night ages 10 and up
$26 per night age 3 to 9
No cost for kids under 3
- Everyone staying in the resort room must be on the same dining plan.
- You will automatically be charged for the dining plan for every night of your stay in your resort room. For example, you cannot have the dining plan for 3 nights of a 7 night stay. The only way to get around this is to have multiple resort reservations and transfer resorts.
- Kids ages 3-9 must order from the kid’s menu where available.
- A Quick-Service entitlement is valid on 1 entree or 1 complete combo meal and 1 single-serve, non-alcoholic beverage. Breakfast is not a good use of the Quick Service plan. Use your credit for lunch or dinner.
So let’s figure out if the Quick Service dining plan would save your family money. Here is an example day and what it would cost you to eat if you paid cash for your meals:
Eat in the room; Enjoy Poptarts, Oatmeal, etc from Garden Grocer.
Eat at Cosmic Rays restaurant in the Magic Kingdom.
- 1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger with fries – $13.29
- Soda – $3.99
Total: $17.28 (+ tax)
Eat at Lotus Blossom Cafe in Epcot.
- Orange Chicken with Rice — $10.95
- Soda – $3.99
Total: $14.94 (+ tax)
Eat at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom.
- Dole Whip – $4.99
Total: $4.99 (+ tax)
Eat at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie in Epcot
- Macarons — $6
Total: $6.00 (+ tax)
Total: $43.21 (+ tax)
Grand Total: $43.21 (+ tax)
Cost of the Dining Plan: $55 (tax included)
Visit Disney.com and search for the quick service restaurants that appeal to your family. Check out the prices on their menu for lunch and dinner and ask yourselves the following questions:
- Would both of your kids get a kid’s meal or would they split an adult meal if you were paying out of pocket?
- Would you purchase a snack everyday for each member of your party if you were paying out of pocket?
- The refillable mugs are located at the quick service location at your resort. The cup holds approximately 12 ounces. How many times would you be able to refill it? The mug is valued at $19.99. Figure out how many times you would refill it and divide the cost of the cup by the number of refills. If you refilled it both morning and night for 7 days, you would pay approximately $1.42 per refill. Also consider the fact that you would have to either return the mug to your room or tote it with you during the day. Will you want to walk all the way back to your room before visiting a park or will you want to carry it around with you all day in the parks?
Only you can figure out if this plan is cost effective for your family and will save you money. I do hope that I provided you with the resources to conclude that on your own. Don’t just assume the dining plan is a good investment and end up spending more for the dining plan than what you would have spent out of pocket.
Prices update 5/2020.
Check out details on the Disney World Dining Plans.
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.