Well we have done it! We have successfully saved for another Walt Disney World vacation by Couponing to Disney. This is the THIRD trip that we have saved for using these methods.
We have saved $3739.48 since November 12th, 2011. Our goal was $3587!!!!!! WE WENT OVER BUDGET BY $152.48!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I broke each deposit down by category. Be sure to check out the training series I have on how to start your fund.
Left From Other Vacations
- $99.18 left from the November 2011 Disney trip on my Disney Rewards Card
- $100 – Hubby took the kids and his mom to Texas for a week to visit her family (I stayed here at home to work on the blog and do other things around the house). He came in under budget so we are putting that money towards Disney!
Gift Cards That I Turned Into Cash For The Fund
(Confused on how I deposit gift cards? Check out this post.)
- $10 Target gift card
- $25 American Express Shop Small gift card (spent $25 at our local mom and pop grocery store and took $25 from the grocery fund and put it in the Disney fund)
- $20 gift card from the MasterCard Holiday Promo (Took $20 out of the gas budget and used this gift card to buy gas. Put that $20 in cash in the fund.)
- $10 from a CVS gift card
- $10 – I got a Publix gift card in the mail. I used it to pay for my groceries last weekand took $10 in cash out of the grocery budget to deposit to my fund.
- $20 Visa gift card for a Samsung rebate from Christmas time
- $100 Walmart Gift Card from Christmas (I used it at Walmart and took $100 in cash out of our grocery budget. Details here.)
- $10 iTunes gift card (took $10 out of our entertainment fund and spent this gift card in it’s place.).
- $30 in Target and Publix gift card (took $30 out of our grocery fund and spent these gift card in it’s place. See more about how I add gift cards to my fund).
- $35 – Winn-Dixie had a sale where you got $5 off a $50 gift card. I bought 7 $50 Shell gift cards and paid just $315 for $350 worth of gas. I took the $350 out of our monthly gas budget and replaced it with gift cards. I added the $35 in cash to the fund.
- $5 Mcdonald’s Gift Card for completing a survey
- $5 gift card to Target (took $5 in cash out of the grocery budget to put in the fund and spent the gift card)
- $10 – (Bought a $100 Target gift card for $90 from Target.com; no longer available. Took $100 out of the grocery budget and put the $10 I saved in the fund)
- $6 – (Bought a $25 Fandango gift card for $19 from Target.com; no longer available. Took $25 out of the entertainment budget and put $6 in the fund)
- $10 Amazon gift card earned from someplace that I forgot. Oops.
- $10 iTunes gift card won from a sweepstakes (took $10 out of the entertainment budget and spent this gift card on new tunes)
- $10 American Express gift card from a previous promotion
- $25 American Express gift card from a previous promotion
- $5 Target Gift Card – Took $5 out of the grocery budget and put it in my fund (see how I do that here)
- $10 – I took advantage of a deal at Michael’s a month ago for $50 in Old Navy gift cards for $40. Today I realized I didn’t put that $10 I saved in the Disney fund. So I took $10 out of the MISC budget and put it in my fund
- $0.52 – Bought a Sams Club / Walmart gift card from a friend before we made a big household purchase at Sams. She told me she would throw in the $0.52 balance on the card for free for my fund. What a great friend!
- $35 – Received (2) Rewards Cards from AT&T for changes made on my accounts
- $10 – Publix offered a $50 gas gift card for $40 with a $50 purchase. I took advantage and I am putting the $10 difference in my fund.
- $25 Walmart gift card
- $10 Dominos Gift Card
- $25 Best Buy Gift Card
- $10 – Earned (2) $5 Target gift cards with special promotions at Target
- $10 Target Gift Card – Bought $50 worth of items at Target and got a $10 gift card with the coupon (no longer available)
Disney Gift Cards That I Earned
- $20 Disney Gift Card (from Disney Movie Rewards; no longer available)
- $100 Disney gift card (Winn-Dixie had a promo where if you bought $300 in gift cards, you got $50 off. So we took 10 weeks worth of gas budget ($50 per week) and bought $500 in Shell gift cards. We also bought a $100 Disney gift card which was free after the promo, giving us $100 to put in our fund!)
- $50 Disney Gift Card – I took $450 from the fund and turned it into $500 in gift cards at Winn Dixie. They were running a promotion where you got $5 off a $50 gift card. So I did it 10 times and ended up with $50 extra for the fund. The manager didn’t even know there was a sale on gift cards that week. I guess I am the only person in Trussville, AL that looks for them.
- $40 Disney Gift Card for taking an online phone tour of the DVC (received it with my Disney Visa statement)
- $25 Disney gift card that I purchased with what was left from our gas budget last month (yay for staying at home)
- $50 Landry’s Gift Card earned through MyPoints (good at both Rainforest Cafe and TREX at Downtown Disney; Took about 6 months to earn.)
- $25 Landrys gift card earned from SwagBucks (will use at Rain Forest Cafe on our trip)
- $10 – Bought a $50 Disney gift card at Target and got a $10 gift card with the coupon (no longer available)
Disney Chase Visa
- $337.20 in Disney Rewards from my Disney Chase Visa. I just upgraded to theDisney Premier Card and for upgrading, I got 5% on groceries, gas and restaurant purchase for 3 months. I also haven’t counted any dollars that I have earned since Nov 2011, so I added that into the fund as well. I plan to continue to use the Disney Visa to buy groceries since I am now earning 2% on grocery purchases. Love my card! (and yes we pay it off every single month.)
- $26.52 – Disney Dream Dollars earned with my Disney Premier Visa this statement
- $62.23 ($29.08 for November and $33.15 for December’s statement) – Disney Dream Dollars earned with my Disney Premier Visa this statement
- $26.12 – Disney Dream Dollars earned with my Disney Premier Visa this statement
- $32.84 in cash back from ShopAtHome.com
- $20 from Serve.com
- $5 from Magazines.com rebate
- $15 in No Beer Purchase Rebates (3 $5 rebate checks)
- $30.00 Kohl’s Rebate from Christmas Shopping
- $15 check from Kellogg’s
- $9.99 Staples Rebate
- $30 rebate from buying a Philips razor for hubby for Christmas
- $10 NBPR rebate
- $10 NBPR rebate
- $20 NBPR rebate
- $5 NBPR rebate
- $25.64 in cash back from Ebates (for Christmas Shopping)
- $5 from Saving Star
- $20 in various rebate checks
- $3.59 Rebate for Lysol Wipes
- $20 in Rebates
- $28.67 in cash back from ShopAtHome.com
- $5 Mail in Rebate
- $23.99 in rebate checks
- $10 from a CVS survey (sign up here). After I completed it, I was given $10 in ECBs. I took them and used them to buy a few grocery items that we needed. Took $10 out of the grocery budget and put it in our fund.
- $2 – Got another CVS survey (sign up here) but this time I didn’t qualify. But I got $2 for trying, so woohoo!
- $43.73 in cash back from ShopAtHome.com
- $10 rebate check
- $7.50 – Rebate check
- $5 – Took advantage of this Totinos deal and finally got the payment
- $2 – Rewards on my debit card for purchasing items at select retail locations
- $8.75 – Money earned during my Ibotta shopping trip.
- $4.09 earned from Endorse
- $2 earned from Ibotta
Misc Money From Other Areas Of The Budget
- $7.54 credit from overpaying a bill (when I paid it off)
- $19.69 – Overpaid a bill (when I paid it off)
- $10 refund from a doctor’s co-pay we didn’t owe
- $10 Co-Pay Reimbursement
- $60 reimbursed from the Doctor’s office. We all ha the flu at the beginning of the month and had to all 4 go to the doctor. We have to pay a $15 per person co-pay but then the doctor’s office sends it back. So I used the grocery budget for that week to pay it (since we were so sick we didn’t go shopping much).
- $5.02 left from the grocery budget
- $8.97 left from the grocery budget (We spent $19.28 at Chick-Fil-A on Saturday. This was what was left after all of the week’s grocery and out to eat trips. Check out my Bargain Brags.)
- $100 from the budget for my son’s tuition. We thought we would have to pay $200 for May but were surprised to find out it was only $100.
- $28.15 difference from the power bill (we budgeted $175 and we came in under that, yay!)
- $9.96 left from last week’s Grocery Budget
- $49.86 – Because we have stockpiled so much food in the past few months, we didn’t have to do a lot of grocery shopping the past couple of weeks. My daughter had to make an unexpected visit to the Dentist, and since we had so much food, we decided we would take the dentist bill out of the grocery budget and eat out of our stockpile as much as we could. We paid the bill, put $40 in my children’s lunch accounts (they get lunch at school only on Fridays, so this money will last them through Christmas) ate out of the stockpile and still had $49.86 left!
- $91.02 – ($45.17 for October and $45.85 for November) I budget $150 a month for power. Since our weather has been so mild lately, we didn’t use as much power so I am depositing the difference.
- $87.98 ($43.99 for Nov and $43.99 for Dec) – Cancelled our gym membership through the holidays. There is no way we can find the time to go for the next 3 months. Hubby works retail and there is no time! We decided to cancel it so we can rejoin with a better deal.
- $16.25 – I budget $150 a month for power. Since the bill was only $133.75, I am depositing the difference.
- $43.99 – Cancelled our gym membership through the holidays. There is no way we can find the time to go for the next 3 months. Hubby works retail and there is no time! We decided to cancel it so we can rejoin with a better deal.
- $150 from our Grocery Budget for the week of 1/25 – 2/1
- $75 from our Gas Budget for the week of 1/25 – 2/1
- $38.00 for diapers sold to a friend
- $15 for mileage reimbursement from my husband’s job
- $126.65 from Survey Savvy for various surveys completed over a few months
- $5 – I owed a different friend $5 for running to the store for me when I was stuck at home with sick kids and they needed G2 Gatorade. She told me not to worry about paying her back and put it in my fund instead. What a great friend!
- $8 – My daughter wanted to spend some of her allowance on a new MP3 album. I had accumulated MP3 credits for FREE, so she gave me $8 and I used the credits and put the money into the fund.
- $5.48 – Sam’s Club charged me twice for an item a couple weeks ago. I called them immediately but didn’t make it to the store until this week.
- $4.18 – Earned $0.25 per gallon FuelPerks from Winn Dixie. Used it to fill up hubby’s truck. I took $4.18 out of the gas budget and put it into the Disney fund.
- $64.52 – Hubby and I both used to work with a company that had a minimum $50 payout (this was early 2009). They finally added a Paypal option with no minimum so I was able to cash out both our accounts this week! Woohoo!!
- $391.50 made at our Yard Sale
- $20 – offered 2 friends a ride and they gave me gas money. I told them I would put it in the fund since I was driving there anyways.
- $43.99 – Cancelled our gym membership through the holidays. There is no way we can find the time to go for the next 3 months. Hubby works retail and we are moving next month, so there is no time! We decided to cancel it so we can rejoin with a better deal.
- $2.50 – Earned Fuel Perks at Winn Dixie and used them at Shell. I love Fuel Perks!
- $31.54 – Returned items to Walmart that we found when we were packing that we never used. Got the refund on the gift card
- $40 – Took care of my friend’s cats for a week. She insisted on putting the money into our fund.
- $5 – Took advantage of this deal (appears to be dead now) and scored a FREE stocking stuffer. I had been debating on buying it anyways, so I put the $5 I saved into the fund from the gift budget.
- $40 – Took care of my friend’s cats for a week (she went on another vacation with the inlaws). She insisted on putting the money into our fund.
- $5 – Hubby found it on the ground in a parking lot!
- $30 – Referred a friend to Vivint and we both got a check for $30. Pretty sweet!
Grand Total: $3739.48 saved since November 12th, 2011 (see past deposits here). Our goal was $3587!!!!!!