Making slow cooker beans is such an easy and healthy way to add depth to your supper. Beans are SO good for you and fill you up faster and longer than most veggies. These black beans I made were a perfect addition to Mexican night at my house!
- 1 bag black beans (or really any beans you want to cook)
- 2 tsp salt
- Pour beans into a bowl, pot, or just use your slow cooker. Cover them with PLENTY of water and let them soak overnight.
- Drain water from beans and transfer to a pot (if you didn't soak them in one overnight) and cover beans with more water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Pour beans into slow cooker and cover with water.
- Cook on low for 4-8 hours (length of cook time depends on the bean... larger ones need to cook longer than smaller ones).
- When your beans have around 2 hours left to cook, add in the salt.
Check out this recipe for Slow Cooker Baked Beans!
Using a slow cooker for dinner recipes not only makes cooking easier, but it also saves money on your power bill by not using the oven. Check out these Slow Cooker Vegetarian recipes.