This Slow Cooker Italian Bowtie Dinner turned out to be so good! It was super simple to make and the kids loved it. I served it with a side of sautéed zucchini and squash.
- ½ pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Drain the ground beef mixture and place in the slow cooker. Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, oregano, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, cook the bowtie pasta and drain it. Mix it along with the spinach and cheese into the slow cooker and let it cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
You might also enjoy the Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli.
Using the Crock Pot not only makes cooking dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill by using less energy than a traditional oven. Check out more Slow Cooker Beef recipes.