Even when it’s almost 100 degrees here in the south during the summer, I still crave this slow cooker pot roast. In my opinion, it’s just a myth that this is a winter food. Toss the ingredients in your Crock-Pot before you leave for work, and when you get home, you just dish it out and eat!
- 1 package brown gravy
- 1 package zesty italian dressing
- 1 package ranch dressing
- 1 c. water
- Shoulder or rump roast
- Potatoes, diced
- Carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Sprinkle both sides of roast with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Mix gravy and both packages of dressings together with water. Pour over roast.
- Place potatoes, onion, and carrots in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
Check out this recipe for slow cooker lasagna.
Using the Crock Pot not only makes cooking dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill by using less energy than a traditional oven. Check out more Slow Cooker Beef recipes.