It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of getting from point A to point B. But when you don’t slow down, you miss out on many of the magical touches the Imagineers added to the parks. Here are 5 things guest don’t notice in Animal Kingdom:
1. Animals from every corner of the earth – Along the ceiling of the Disney Outfitters store, you will find symbols for north, south, east and west. Located near those symbols are animals from that specific region. Unless you take the time to study the ceiling, you’ll miss this magical touch.
2. Drying laundry – All throughout Asia and Africa you will find laundry hung on the racks to dry. My favorite is located near Zuri’s Sweet Shop in Africa. The laundry baskets are perched on the roof as if the owner will be back after enjoying dessert.
3. Prayer cloths – Residents of Anandapur in Asia have tied prayer cloths to every available surface and even hung them from the trees. When the wind blows and the cloth floats away, the owners prayer will be answered.
4. References to Royal Anandapur Tea Company – This tea company used to use the track that runs through Mt. Everest to move their goods. After it became haunted by the Yeti, they now find an alternate route. You’ll find reference to them throughout the ride as well as Africa itself. You’ll even find their shop along the path between Asia and Africa.
5. Cracks in the sidewalks – The walkway was constructed to look authentic. They placed leaf prints and cracks strategically to make you feel as if you are walking on paths actually located in Africa, Asia and other areas of the world. Look down as you walk (just not the whole time!) to see what all you can spot in the path.