Here are some things that I learned today at the Magic Kingdom and some things that I want you to know.
- They can just change operating hours on you whenever they feel like it. Last time I checked, the park opened at 9:00 AM today. When we got there at 7:43 AM, I saw that it opened at 8:00 AM. Sigh! Always check the park hours the night before!
- When the turnstiles aren’t very busy they put everyone through the metal detectors. But hey! I got a sticker for passing. :D
- Nobody goes to Adventureland at opening. We rode Pirates twice with no wait. Once we even had the whole boat to ourselves and there were multiple empty boats in operation.
- Haunted Mansion’s exterior is being renovated. There was a huge brown tent covering most of the exterior today.
- At the end of Haunted Mansion, they put my name and Emily’s name on a tombstone in the final scene. That was a little creepy but fun!
- The bathrooms at Rapunzel’s tower are so nice. Today I noticed that some of the hoofprints around it say Maximus.
- The Little Mermaid seems to have lost its appeal. The queue used to back up and it has been walk on every time we have ridden it.
- The line for Seven Dwarfs was 60 minutes at 9:40 AM. Peter Pan’s Flight was 85 minutes! Craziness! Either ride Peter Pan at opening or get a Fastpass. But even the Fastpass line was long today. We waited about 10 minutes to ride it.
- The Liberty Square Riverboat offers some great views of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It is a fun and leisurely ride around Tom Sawyer Island. I don’t think we have been on it since 2009.
- They moved all of the Finding Dory merchandise in the Emporium. It was in the Mickey/Minnie section but I guess since the movie is now out they put it in the toy section which makes more sense.
- The park was super crowded today and the Experess Monorail was down until 6:00 PM tonight which made for some very packed Ferry rides.
We were at the parks from 8:20 AM – 11:45 AM. Here is what we did:
- Pirates of the Caribbean twice
- Haunted Mansion
- Tangled Restrooms
- Under the Sea
- Peter Pan
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Big Thunder
- Took some pictures for the blog
- Shopped at the Emporium and bought some gifts for a giveaway this weekend!
Hope you enjoyed the post!