Here are 8 tips for dining at counter service restaurants that you need to know before your visit. They are applicable at almost every counter service restaurant.
- Dine at the best times – Avoid the crowds by dining between 10:30 am – 12:00 pm, 1:30 -4:30 PM or 7:30 – 9:00 PM.
- Decide what you will eat ahead of time – One of my best tips is for you to pull up the menu for the restaurant and decide what everyone is eating before you get to the restaurant.
- Order a large soda on the dining plan – Both regular and large size sodas are included on the dining. They will not give you a large soda unless you ask.
- Send the family to the table – Once you order your food, send the family to find a table. Have one family member come back to tell you where the table is. Some restaurants do not allow you to do this when it is busy, but if you are dining in an off time then it is not a problem.
- Look for all seating options – Don’t just go to the first dining room you see (that is what most people do). Walk to the back and then work your way forward.
- Order ice water – You can get cups of ice water for FREE. They are small, so we usually order 2 per person.
- Order from both sides of the register – Counter-Service registers are set up to take orders from both sides. Check the line and get in the shortest one!
- Keep your receipt out – After you order, you will go up to the window to pick up your food. You will need to have the ticket in your hand for them to verify your order so make sure you keep it out.
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.