Flying with young children requires a bit of planning and extra packing. Learn items recommended to pack and more tips when flying with young children to Disney World.
Tips For Flying With Young Children:
- Try flying during a usual nap time schedule and your child may just sleep through the majority of the flight. Check times of flights and see if this could be an option, if your child routinely naps at the same time daily.
- An alternative to flying during naptime would be to flight in the evening, at bedtime.
- Bringing your own Car seat will help with your child feeling comfortable in their familiar seat (requires purchase of own seat for child).
- Go for plenty of walks around the airport prior to departure, if your child is tired they may just nap regardless of normal nap times.
- Pack favorite stuffed animal, “lovey” and blanket for plane ride, the more comfortable, the more relaxed.
- Child ibuprofen can help with air pressure in ears while flying.
- Pack favorite bottle or sippy cup, favorite snacks and toy, change of clothes, extra diapers and wipes.
- Consider buying some new small toys to unveil, great for diverting attention when needed. Dollar Stores and clearance make for frugal purchases. Bonus for Disney items!
- Most airlines offer early boarding or family boarding which gives families access to board earlier than other groups, use this extra time to get your child settled in their seat.
- Download new kid friendly apps on your device.
- Make it fun, make it an adventure (if old enough to comprehend). Learn about airplanes before your trip.
- Dry-Erasable books are great, as they can be used again and again! Have more than one child? Buy more than one book, then they can switch and use a new one.
- Consider purchasing an Airplane Busy Kit from Etsy, recommended for children 2-8.
Do you have any tips to add? Leave them in the comments below!
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.