Everyone knows guests at Disney World parks can find various meet & greets with their favorite characters. Check the times guide on your day of visit. Also, guests enjoy interactions with characters at Character Dining locations. However, have you ever been lucky enough to encounter a Character at your Disney Resort?
Tips For Meeting Characters At Your Disney Resort:
- Characters will sign, so be sure to always carry your autograph book.
- Characters will pose for pictures, however a PhotoPass photographer is usually not available, so be sure to carry your camera or smartphone.
- Look for Characters wearing special outfits at your Resort on Holidays such as 4th of July and Easter.
- Check your Resort Activity Board, often in the lobby or on the board by the main pool. Check to see if any Character Meet & Greet times are listed.
- Look for the Caravanning ‘Round the World bus pull up to your Resort. Sometimes the characters appear randomly!
- During extreme weather, such as when the parks closed due Hurricane Matthew (2016) and again for Hurricane Irma (2017), characters were out and about entertaining guests at the Resort.
In 2016, we were lucky enough to find Rapunzel and Belle in the lobby of Port Orleans Riverside. There was no line for either character! My daughter enjoyed talking to Belle about books and reading. While, Rapunzel was enthralled with my daughter’s hair wrap.
In 2018, we were lucky enough to spot Donald Duck and Goofy on 2 separate occasions at Disney’s All Star Music. These characters took a walk by the main resort pool and interacted with guests in the lobby and out front. Donald Duck was out during the day and we met Pluto in the evening.
Which Characters have you met at your Disney Resort?