Here are the Top 10 Walt Disney World rides with the shortest lines.
1. TTA/WedWay People Mover-This attraction rarely ever has a wait; and even if it does, it’s usually very short. On really slow days, some Cast Members will even let you stay on the ride if you don’t want to get off, which is great if it’s raining or you have tired feet or tired kids. This attraction also gives riders a sneak peak of Space Mountain and is about 10 minutes long, which is pretty lengthy in comparison to other rides and shows. Regardless of what time of year you visit Disney World, you are almost always guaranteed a ride on the TTA with a minimum wait.
2. Tom Sawyer Island – The only wait you will encounter is as you wait for the raft to come back from the island. Kids can run and play on the island and adults can sit down and take a much needed breather from the parks.
3. American Adventure-This show can be found at the American Adventure pavilion in Epcot. It’s an audio-animatronic show featuring major American characters in major moments of American history, along with beautiful sets and music. It’s a very moving show and usually the only waiting you will do is waiting for the next showtime. If you do arrive a bit before the show starts, you will be treated to a singing group, the Voices of Liberty, who sing just in the show’s foyer. This group is very talented and they dress in period costumes!
4. Spaceship Earth-Spaceship Earth is a very unique attraction in that is located inside of Epcot’s icon and share’s the same name. Spaceship Earth is a slow moving attraction that takes guests back in time to see advances mankind has made throughout history. This attraction can have a lengthy line at certain points during the day, especially early in the morning, but the line moves very quickly and the ride itself is longer than most.
5. Hall of Presidents-This attraction is a patriotic, historical show at the Magic Kingdom featuring audio-animatronics of all of our country’s presidents. This show is housed in a beautiful theater and narrated by Morgan Freeman. It’s an amazing show to experience and because the theater can see large numbers of guests, there’s usually no wait except for waiting for the show to begin.
6. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse-This classic, walk-through attraction can be found in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom. This treehouse is based off of the classic book and classic Disney film; and at the Magic Kingdom, you get to walk through the Robinson’s treehouse yourself and see how they used their surroundings to make a comfortable home. Since you can walk through this attraction, it is very rare to find a wait! But be sure not to rush through the treehouse as there are lots of details to see!
7. Mickey’s Philharmagic -This 3d movie in the Magic Kingdom rarely has a wait longer than the running of the movie (17 minutes). So if you arrive just before the previous showing lets out, you won’t have much of a wait at all. This movie really captures a lot of the Disney magic and it is a must see for everyone!
8. Walt Disney World Railroad-The Walt Disney World Railroad is both transportation and an attraction. The train station, and possibly the train, are the first things you see when you arrive at the Magic Kingdom. You can hop aboard a train here near the entrance and ride a mile and a half around the park, or you can hop aboard at the Frontierland station later on. It’s up to you! The railroad gives you a different view of the park and is enjoyable and relaxing for all ages. Also, the only waiting you will have to do is waiting for a train to pull into the station.
9. Country Bear Jamboree-This classic Disney attraction has been entertaining guests since Disney World opened in 1971. This show has been criticized as cheesey; but it’s also charming andyou can’t help but smile. This show plays throughout the day at the Magic Kingdom and hardly ever has a long wait. It’s a great place to sit down, cool off, laugh a little, and young kids will enjoy it as well.
10. It’s Tough to be a Bug-Whether this show is good or not is often a topic up for debate since it seems to be geared towards kids and is funny, but yet a little too scary and the creepy-crawlers make guests want to run for the door. Despite what you think, this 3-D show almost always has a short wait.
Now let me know what you think? Do you ever retreat to these attractions when the lines get too long?
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.