Disney World offers a variety of different ride experiences, but one of the oldest and most popular are these top 5 dark rides at Walt Disney World. Dark rides are located indoors and often use black light to illuminate the colorful scenery and characters. Dark rides are meant to place guests into beloved Disney films; and while they offer few thrills, they promise fun for the whole family. Check out my list for the Top 5 Dark Rides in Walt Disney World.
1. Peter Pan’s Flight-This dark ride is our top pick because it has been entertaining guests of all ages since Walt Disney World opened in 1971. It’s also unique in comparison to other dark rides in that it moves smoothly along a track from the ceiling to simulate what it feels like to fly over London and Neverland. This attraction is pure Disney magic!
2. “it’s a small world”-Guests tend to either love or hate this this attraction; but let’s face it, it’s a Magic Kingdom staple and truly a classic Disney dark ride. This attraction takes you on a relaxing cruise through colorful scenes where dozens of dolls representing nations all over the world sing and dance to that famous song. The design of “it’s a small world” is that of Disney legendand it was designed for the 1964 New York World’s Fair making it a major part of Disney history that still entertains guests today.
3. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-This attraction transports guests into the pages of a Winnie the Pooh storybook. You will ride in a honey pot through the story; and at one point, when you encounter Tigger, your honey pot will actually bounce! This is a fun ride for kids, for fans of Winnie the Pooh, and even adults! This attraction recently gained a new interactive queue.
4. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin-This dark ride is located in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom. While this ride is geared towards kids with its colorful and cartoonish scenery, all ages enjoy competing against another for a high score! The storyline of this attraction is that Emperor Zurg, Buzz Lightyear’s nemesis, is stealing batteries all over the galaxy. Now Buzz is calling on all space rangers to help. Guests board vehicles that are equipped with blasters and they must aim at a variety of targets placed throughout the scenery to defeat him. This popular attraction at the Magic Kingdom is not only fun, but puts a different spin on a classic ride style. It’s also a “blast” for especially competitive guests!
5. The Seas with Nemo and Friends-This is a relatively new attraction at Epcot. This attraction has guests boarding a “clamobile” which transports them to Nemo’s world where they will see bright, colorful coral and sea life, as well as characters from Pixar’s Finding Nemo film. Towards the end of the ride, the characters from the film swim along with real fish in a massive tank! This dark ride is absolutely beautiful and the finale effects are really stunning. Young kids who like Finding Nemo (and what kid doesn’t?) also get a kick out of seeing their favorite characters.
These are Top 5 Dark Rides. What are yours? Let us know in the comment box below.
Here is the top place to see Illuminations.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.
(Thanks A Glass Slipper Vacation!)