Here are the top 5 Walt Disney World Rides with the best lines:
1. Haunted Mansion: This attraction’s line recently underwent renovation and now it is interactive! While waiting, you can be entertained with a spooky organ that you can play with, a mysterious book that writes by itself, and more! In this line, you are also entertained by hilarious epitaphs in the graveyard. This line will keep you and your kids entertained while you wait and sets the stage for the ride.
2. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: For me, waiting in line for Tower of Terror is just as entertaining as the ride itself! You immediately feel as if you have walked into an episode of the Twilight Zone when you walk through the hotel’s empty, unkempt courtyard; but my favorite waiting area is the lobby which truly looks like an old hotel lobby, frozen in time. No matter how many times I’ve walked through here, I see something new every time. The careful attention to detail only continues when you enter the hotel library where Rod Serling, the host of the Twilight Zone television series, explains via video that you are now in an episode of the show and are about to enter the Twilight Zone. Even the windows in the library flash with lightning during the video! Your final waiting area is the boiler room, where the boilers are glowing and tools, coal, and belongings of the workers are scattered below the catwalk. Before you board the maintenance service elevator, take notice of the generators nearby which are flickering and make you wonder if this is such a good idea…
3. Expedition Everest: Like Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest has one of the best lines to wait in. The story of this attraction is that you are joining an expedition team in Asia who is researching the mythical Yeti in the Himalayas. The line weaves inside and out of a research base located in an Asian village. This line is packed full of details, like the research base’s equipment and supplies, as well as photos of the research team, a small Yeti museum, and a idol to the Yeti where villages have placed food sacrifices.
4. It’s Tough to Be a Bug: This 3-D show based off of Pixar’s “A Bug’s Life” is usually loved or hated by Disney guests, but the waiting area is always a hit. This attraction is located inside of the Tree of Life; and the line begins outside around the base of the tree, giving guests a close up look at Animal Kingdom’s breathtaking icon. This ride usually doesn’t have much of a wait; but if it does, you won’t be bored with this view! This is also a great time to snap some photos. The waiting area eventually leads inside the Tree of Life where you will experience what it’s like to be the size of a bug with the giant pebbles and tree roots around and overhead. Throughout the waiting area, be sure to pay attention to the posters advertising what characters and acts you will see in the show!
5. Rock n’ Rollercoaster: The waiting area for the attraction is made to resemble a working recording studio by the name of G-Force Records. The line is boring until you get inside. Be sure to notice the columns that resemble guitar necks and the details in the floor, ceiling, and doors. You will also see a display of recording and music equipment that has been used through the history of the music industry, as well as vintage Rock n’ Roll posters. Disney often shows videos that help to tell the story, and Rock n’ Roller Coaster’s is the best as you witness a projection of the members of Aerosmith in a recording session who invite you along to their concert. You are then ushered into a replica parking garage which is made to look as if it outdoors. This area is chock full of rock music references. Be sure to notice them before you board your limo!
Here are tips on the top viewing spots for the parades.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.
(Thanks A Glass Slipper Vacation!)