Toy Story Midway Mania in California Adventure is a must do midway-style, 4D shootin’ game. This ride stars your favorite characters from Toy Story and lets you compete with other members of your party to see who has the best aim! In the queue, you’ll wind through Andy’s room and make your way past supersized versions of his favorite toys or are you miniaturized and the favorite toys are still their real size? Now that Andy has left, the toys have set up the new Toy Story Midway Mania Games Play Set and you can join in on the fun. How many points will you score?
Length of Ride: 8 minutes
Height Requirement: No
Scare Factor: None
Rider Switch (for small kids): No
Weather Procedure: Indoors
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: I wouldn’t risk it
Queue: Covered; Has a display of classic toys
Open for Magic Mornings: Yes
When to Ride: Early in the day
Our Touring Strategy: We rode this one early in the day
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- The Toy Story Mania video games resemble many of the games in the Toy Story Midway Mania! ride at Hollywood Studios. Get the game ahead of time and practice!
- Be sure to read the book titles in Andy’s library.
- If you make your way through the standby queue, you’ll be impressed by Mr. Potato Head’s constant banter. He has more dialog than any other Audio-Animatronics figure ever created.
- Don’t bother shooting at the practice round unless you want to wear out your arm before the game even begins.
- Select targets in the attraction feature 4D special effects like blasts of water or air. It’s always fun when you hit these!
- Closes during World of Color
You might also enjoy It’s Tough To Be A Bug.
Learn more about Disneyland Parks.