I love trying new things and experiences when it comes to food! Part of the fun of a vacation for me is choosing where we will eat each day. When traveling I always look for quality, unique, well themed, and affordable dining locations. At Universal there is so many places to choose from when it comes to quick service dining. These are my top 8 picks! All of the places listed below are also part of Universal’s Quick Service dining plan except Bayliner Cafe. You can read my top 5 reason’s to get the Universal’s Quick Service dining plan here.
Don’t miss our Top 10 Snacks & Drinks you must try!
1.Leaky Cauldron – Both breakfast and dinner is available here. Everything is a little pricey. However portions are huge and the atmosphere is out of this world. You could easily share a plate with a child or an adult that doesn’t eat much. Located in Diagon Alley
2. Three Broomsticks – Very similar to The Leaky Cauldron. There is different things on the menu here. I would suggest visiting both restaurants. Located in Hogsmeade.
3. Red Oven Pizza Bakery – This pizza is delicious. It is gourmet pizza made with fresh ingredients. Located in City Walk.
4. Monster Cafe – The food is okay. Not the best BBQ I have had. Portions are large. You can easily share the Perilous Pair Platter. For theme park food it was good. The theming and atmosphere makes up for what the food is lacking. Located in Universal Studios.
5. Louie’s Italian restaurant – has really good pizza. It is different from Red Oven Bakery but just as good. They also serve pastas and salads. You feel like you where transported to NYC when you walk in the door. Located in Universal Studios.
6. Today Cafe – You feel like you are on the set of the Today show. They serve both breakfast and dinner options. It is an upscale deli and pastry shop mixed together. They also have a nice salad menu. Located inside Universal Studios.
7. Doc Sugrue’s Desert Kebab House – Serves Mediterranean style gyro’s, hummus, and you can also get yogurt here. The Kebab or gyros are very tasty. It is located inside the Lost Continent area of Islands Of Adventure.
8. Bayliner Cafe – Located inside Cabana Bay resort. Everything here is good. It is simple american food done right. With a little bit of flair added in. You are transported back to the 1960’s as soon as you walk thru the doors of Cabana Bay. Not included in the dining plan.