What will the food be like in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge? What is phased opening? Get the answers to these questions and much more with all the details we know on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens 8/29/19 for guests.
1. Phased Opening
The headliner attractions: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run & Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance are opening in phases.
- Phase One – Starting on opening day guests can experience Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, taking control of the ship in one of 3 roles.
- Phase Two – Opening later in 2019, the 2nd headliner attraction: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open. An immersive, and the most advanced and ambitious attraction to date, putting guests in the midst of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
2. Minimum Height Requirement For Headliner Attractions
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (running on opening day) minimum height of 38″
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (opening during Phase 2) minimum height of 40″
3. Extra Extra Magic Hours
An added benefit for Disney World Resort guests Fall 2019 are Extra Extra Magic Hours!
- At Hollywood Studios – From September 1 – November 2, 2019 Extra, Extra Magic Hours are 6-9am daily. Includes: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land attractions and select additional attractions.
- Also note at Hollywood Studios – From August 29-31, 2019 Hollywood Studios will open for all guests at 6am (no Extra Extra Magic hours).
- At Animal Kingdom – From August 29-November 2, 2019 Extra, Extra Magic Hours are 7-8am daily. Includes Pandora – World of Avatar and additional attractions.
- At Magic Kingdom – From August 29-November 2, 2019 Extra, Extra Magic Hours are 7-8am daily. Includes favorite rides in Fantasyland & Tomorrowland.
4. Costume Guidelines
Disney wants to remind guests that the costume policy remains in effect for visiting Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. Learn do’s and don’ts now.
Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years or older. However Disney bounding is allowed. The photos above with the thumbs up are acceptable attire. Guests are allowed to piece together traditional clothing items to resemble a Character or look. Also allowed is to outfits inspired by Batuu villagers such as dressing in muted tones, layering and vests. Additionally, lightsabers are allowed.
- No Robes, Military-style attire
- No masks, facepaint, elaborate headwear
- No blasters, holsters or hard items (boday armor, helmets, kneepads)
- No full character suits
- Select items sold in Galaxy’s Edge that violate these terms are not allowed to be worn either.
5. Land-Wide Fun With Play Disney Parks App
Play Disney Parks mobile app turns waiting time into fun and more interactive opportunities. Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is an unprecedented landwide interactive experience, with the help of Play Disney Parks app.
Turn your mobile device into their Star Wars: Datapad. On the Datapad will be several tools, use as you wish to explore the new land and uncover surprises, through Play Disney Parks app.
Features & Tools:
- Hacking Feature – Use to see droids memories or interact with select door panels
- Scanning Tool – Use to get a look inside cargo crates while exploring the land.
- Translation Tool – Use to translate Aurebesh signs (the written language of Star Wars galaxy)
- Outpost Control – Use to play the landwide game and support either side of your choosing, with galactic credits as rewards.
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – Use the app to play an in-queue game, guests can accept a job for Hondo Ohnaka while waiting to board this attraction!
Play Disney Parks app is free to download from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Message, data and roaming charges may apply.
Get your Star Wars gear and unique souvenirs at a variety of locations.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Merchandise:
- Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers – Build your own lightsaber, guided by a workshop Master
- Droid Depot – Build your own droid with various different parts
- First Order Cargo – Purchase First Order gear and more
- Resistance Supply – Purchase Resistance uniforms and more
- In addition, several market stalls will offer additional merchandise.
- Toydarian Toymaker – Purchase toys of the land
- Creature Stall – Purchase a critter to take home
- Black Spire Outfitters – Purchase clothing
- The Jewels of Bith – Purchase accessories and other treasures
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo is a quick-service restaurant. Guests can enjoy food and drink inside at this working hangar bay. Dine for breakfast, lunch or dinner on exotic flavors from around the galaxy. Chef Strono “Cookie” Tuggs is ready with fresh supplies to feed visitors. Guests will find a variety of seating inside the hangar, or at an outdoor seating area. Start your morning with a Mustafarian Lava Roll or Rising Moons Overnight Oats. Try the Fried Endorian Tip-yip for lunch, the Ithorian Garden Loaf for dinner and much more. Including delightful desserts and a children’s menu. This eatery participates in Mobile Ordering.
Oga’s Cantina is run by Oga Garra, and this local cantina is for adults and children. This is a safe haven for bounty hunters, rogue traders, smugglers and weary travelers to stop for a drink, refuel and listen to music. Music is provided by droid DJ R-3X (formerly a Starspeeder 3000 pilot on Star Tours). Plus, conduct meetings here at this rest stop.
Do know: this cantina abides by a strict code of conduct and interesting things could happen. Menu items include out of this world drinks for adults such as The Outer Rim and Jet Juice. Also enjoy non-alcoholic specialty beverages at this watering hole.
Visit Ronto Roasters in the center of the Marketplace for Ronto Wraps, sweet-or-spicy Nuna Turkey Jerky and a specialty beverage selection. This barbecue pit also serves specialty beverages such as the Tatooine Sunset (non-alcoholic). This eatery participates in Mobile Ordering.
The Milk Stand
Blue milk was seen in Star Wars: A New Hope when Luke Skywalker sat down for a family meal. Get your must try Blue Milk or Green Milk from the Milk Stand at the Black Spire marketplace. These are 2 local favorite frozen beverages. Both frozen blends consisting of a plant-based blend of coconut & rice milks, with fruity hints. The Bubo Wamba Family Farms Novelty Drink Vessel is also available for purchase here to drink your milk in style from. Find in the Marketplace. This eatery participates in Mobile Ordering.
Kat Saka’s Kettle
Stop by Kat Saka’s Kettle for a popcorn snack named the Outpost Mix. Guests will find the Outpost Mix to be a unique popcorn snack with sweet & spicy flavors. It is popped in coconut oil. Consider the Droid Souvenir Popcorn vessel to snack from. Also, guests will find Specialty bottle beverages here by Coca-Cola. Note, the specialty Coca-Cola beverages are limited to 3 per person per transaction. Find in the Marketplace area.
8. Annual Passholders Complimentary Previews For Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Disney has announced exciting Passholder Extras. Additionally, Disney has confirmed there will be preview dates for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge for Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders. These complimentary previews will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Details on registration and more information will be announced soon. Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to see Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios.