Ranking near the top of our favorite non-character Table-Service meals is Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. It is one of those restaurants that people either love or they loathe. Here are 5 reasons why I love Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater:
1. You get to eat in a car – What is cooler than sitting at a car shaped table especially when you have boy(s)? My son LOVES dining here. He always gets excited when I tell him it is on the schedule.
2. You get to watch corny Sci-Fi clips from the 50’s – Kids don’t realize how funny these clips are, but the adults sure do! We always enjoy laughing over some of the ridiculous things that the entertainment industry came up with.
3. The milkshakes – A fitting ending to your meal is a milkshake. You could even order it as your beverage with your meal if you wanted. The Oreo milkshake is incredible and it can be made dairy free/vegan!
4. The atmosphere – This restaurant is themed to be a drive-in theater and most tables are shaped like a car and pointed towards the large drive-in screen. Make sure you let the hostess know you want a car table and are willing to wait for one. It is part of the experience you don’t want to miss!
5. You can relax – The lights are dimmed and most people are more interested in watching the Sci-Fi clips than talking. I find it to be a very relaxing dining experience which is a nice change from the commotion of the theme park.
Why do you love Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater?
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.