- Wooden sign from Michaels or Hobby Lobby
- Wood stain (optional)
- Old washcloth or rag (for wood stain)
- Mod Podge (I forgot to put it in this pic)
- Sponge (for Mod Podge)
- Printed out piece of paper with your wording on it
- Witch broom
1. Stain your wooden sign according to the stain directions. This step is completely optional. If you like the look of the raw wood, then use it! I just wanted mine to look old and a little darker. (Also, ignore the 2nd wooden sign in this pic… this is for another project that I will post soon but I went ahead and stained it when I stained this one for this project.)
2. If you want your paper to look old and torn, follow these steps on the Baking Method. If you choose, you can do one of the other 2 methods, but this was super simple.
3. When your stain is dry and your paper is finished baking and cooling off/drying, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to your wood and then lay your paper on top. Then go over your paper with another layer of Mod Podge. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then apply another layer. Let it sit for another 20 minutes, then do one more layer. That should be all you need.
Check out this Out of Treats sign for your front door!
Check out other Halloween ideas here!