One of our favorite meals, that we have nearly weekly, is a “Lazy Lasagna”. The kids LOVE this meal and constantly ask for it. We’re a family of 7 and this makes enough for our dinner plus leftovers, and the kids actually ask to eat the leftovers!
We’ve changed it around a few times, using different types of pasta. Our stores are so often low on pasta that we pretty much use anything. Our favorite type to use in this recipe is the Farfalle, which they were out of this week. It worked out fine with the cavatappi!
Kroger® Shredded Low-Moisture Mozzarella Cheese 8 oz – $2.49
(2) Ragu Old World Style Traditional Pasta Sauce 24 oz – $2.58 ($1.29 each)
Kroger® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese Tub – 15 oz – $2.99
Private Selection® Italian Cavatappi Pasta – $1.49
This is an Instant Pot recipe and SUPER easy to make.
It calls for:
- 3.5 cups of water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (we skip this, we try to avoid oils)
- 16 oz wide lasagna noodles, broken into 2″ pieces (we use different pasta type)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (we use ricotta instead, I don’t like cottage cheese)
- shredded Parmesan cheese (we skip this)
- Pour water into Instant Pot along with cooking oil, stir
- Stir in pasta, coating all of the pasta well
- Pour spaghetti sauce over noodles, do not stir!
- Close Instant Pot and pressure value
- Set to 6-7 minutes on HIGH pressure
- Use Quick Release after cook time
- Spoon half of your cottage cheese (or ricotta) and 1 cup of mozzarella onto the sauce and stir
- Spoon the second half of your cottage cheese (or ricotta) and 1 cup of mozzarella on top, do not stir!
- Cover the Instant Pot and let sit for 2 minutes
- Serve with Parmesan Cheese if desired!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
Makes about 8-10 servings!