Slowly but surely I am working on selling my old things! All I have left is clothes and books. Just this week I have made $62.00 off selling things. My goal is $200.00! Tips for selling books is coming tomorrow.
Below is 5 easy steps to turn your unwanted clothing into money for your Disney fund or in my case Universal fund.
- Gather all the unwanted clothes into one area.
- You are going to want to inspect each item for holes, stains, tears, rips, or just generally being to worn out. Anything with a flaw needs to be donated, or recycled.
- Look for designer and name brand items. Separate those out into a different pile. Often times those items will sell well on there own.
- Whatever is remaining make into lots of 5 – 10 items with the same sizes. You could sell each piece separately but its a lot of work and not the best deal when you add in shipping for the buyer. Usually 5 – 10 items will fit inside a Priority Mail box. Those are free from the USPS, comes with tracking, and insurance up to $50.00. Its is my favorite way to ship things I sell.
- List your clothes. There is a lots of variety now a days when it comes to selling clothes online. I like Facebook Marketplace and Ebay. I have tried a few other selling apps but I find they are confusing, or my items don’t sell. Ebay is user friendly can be linked with Paypal, and it tells you a recommended price and shipping cost. In a few clicks you can have an item listed. When that item sells in a few clicks you can have a shipping label printed. Then all the information about the item is in one place on Ebay if an issue should arise.
Whatever doesn’t’ sell within a month donate it and move on.