Dining while at Disney World will be a major expense during your vacation. Today we are highlighting 10 tips to pay less out of pocket for meals and snacks during your Disney stay!
Now, learn 10 tips to save on food without a Dining Plan at Disney World!
1. Eat Quick Service meals. An easy way to save money while dining is to eat Quick Service for all or most of your daily meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner quick service options are less expensive in comparision to sit-down and character meals. Read this list of Best Quick Service Meal & Snack Locations By Park.
2. Split meals at Disney World. Splitting meals at Disney World is a great way to save money. The Ultimate Split these meals List contains more than 20 meals guests can split at Disney World.
3. Order food to your Disney Resort from a delivery service. Consider ordering snacks such as granola bars, waters and other food items for your resort room. The savings on a case of water vs. individual water bottles at Disney World alone is enough to make this a worthy option. Food Delivery service ideas include: Garden Grocer, Ship items from Walmart.com and Amazon.
4. Pack a cooler for the parks. Did you know Disney World allows guests to bring in coolers? As long as it fits within the guidelines: no larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high. Therefore, consider ordering food to have delivered to your resort room and then pack a lunch for the parks. Magic Kingdom has a beautiful grassy area called the hub, in front of Cinderella’s Castle, perfect for a picnic.
5. Eat breakfast in your resort room. Dining out daily for 3 meals at Disney World will add up, easily save by dining out only for lunch & dinner. Dine in with food from a delivery service or pack breakfast items with you that travel well. Learn more on this with tips for breakfast in your Resort room, including items to pack that travel well.
6. If you drink coffee and soda daily, the refillable mug will be worth the cost! Not having the dining plan means you would have to pay out of pocket for a refillable mug. For guests staying at a Disney Resort, it can actually be worth the price. Read a breakdown on if the refillable mug is worth the cost now to get an idea if it’s right for you!
7. Purchase discounted Disney Gift Cards. Disney Gift Cards can be used for most anything on your Disney vacation from paying for your Resort, souvenirs and dining! At Target, shoppers can use their Target Redcard to save 5% off their Disney Gift Card purchase. This is an easy way to save on food.
8. Earn FREE gift cards to pay for dining. Learn how to earn Free Gift Cards with these 7 Savvy Ways. These tips can earn you free gift cards for Starbucks, Rainforest Café and more to use at Disney World, lessening your out of pocket costs.
9. Do more snacking than meals throughout the day. Instead of having a big lunch, consider multiple snacks throughout the afternoon. This will allow you to try many different snack items, and Disney has plenty of scrumptious choices!
10. Put yourself on a meal plan. Browse Disney menus to get an estimate of what you think you will spend. Take your budgeted amount for food and put the amount on a Disney gift card! This way you are creating your own dining budget for your Disney vacation. Even better, if you come under budget and have money left over on a Disney gift card it can be used towards the purchase of merchandise. Treat yourself if you come under budget!
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.