Learn from others mistakes is a common phrase. This applies to a Disney vacation as well, each of these mistakes can now be avoided by you! Learn 7 common mistakes not to make on your arrival day to Disney World.
1. Not knowing check-in time can put a damper on your day. Standard check-in time for Disney Resorts is 3pm (Disney Deluxe Villas is 4pm), if you are arriving earlier you can request early check-in (however, know its not guaranteed).
2. Those flying in and using Disney’s Magical Express can use this complimentary service at any hour. However, for guests arriving between 10pm to 5am, you will need to grab your own luggage from baggage claim. Therefore, for guests arriving during those hours do not place the yellow luggage tags on your bags. Guests flying in during those hours also have the option to grab their own luggage (luggage can take hours to be delivered).
3. Pack a bathing suit in your carry-on. As just mentioned, luggage can take hours for Disney to deliver them to your room via guests who fly in. While this service is hassle free, waiting is a downside. Therefore, pack bathing suits in your carry-on to swim the time away.
4. Be sure to pack MagicBands in your carry-on luggage. Guests will use their MagicBand as soon as they reach Magical Express for check-in (unless you are picking up at your Resort). Once at your Resort, your MagicBand is the key to your room and if you used online check-in, cruise on through!
5. Once you have landed at the airport guests are eager to get their Disney vacation on! However do not schedule any reservations too soon after your flight lands. On average it takes about 45 minutes to get to your Resort via Magical Express from the airport. However, allow for up to 90 minutes for walking to gate, waiting for bus etc.
6. Not Using Online Check-In is a mistake many guests make because they simply do not know about it. Prior to your vacation download the My Disney Experience App (process can also be done from Disneyworld website). From there, use the complimentary online check-in process. This can eliminate any need to stop at the front desk, instead as long as room is ready, head straight to your Disney World accommodations and skip the line!
7. There are many free activities once at Disney World, that do not require a park ticket. Instead of using a park ticket on your arrival day, consider one of these 50 activities. Then, save your tickets for full days! Using park tickets on arrival and departure day usually does not get your monies worth.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.