Walt Disney World Theme Parks
Magic Kingdom Park
New! ‘Coolest Summer Ever’ Kicks Off with 24 Hour Event May 22: Magic Kingdom Park will host a 24-hour extravaganza on Friday, May 22 to kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” at the Walt Disney World Resort. The park will open at 6:00am and remain open for 24 hours, closing Saturday, May 23 at 6:00am. The celebration will feature character greetings, dance parties and surprises throughout the night. In addition to all the usual favorite characters and shows at the park, there will also be a full roster of amazing, unique entertainment experiences that will definitely make this day one of the coolest ever!
- The extravaganza kicks off with some very special appearances in the Welcome Show as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf join the rest of the gang welcoming everyone into the park.
- A Flag Raising ceremony will be held at dawn in Town Square, featuring the Reedy Creek Honor Guard.
- Some favorite stars from Disney Channel will be Grand Marshals for the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” at 3 p.m.
- Over in Tomorrowland, Disney Channel Club Chill takes over Rockettower Plaza Stage from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., with DJ Frost leading a dance party with music videos from Disney Channel stars and sneak peeks of upcoming Disney Channel Original Movies Teen Beach 2 and Descendants.
- Once things cool down in Tomorrowland, Rockettower Plaza switches gears for sing-along screenings of Disney’s “Frozen” from midnight – 4 a.m.
- There’s even more “Frozen” fun in store, when Olaf, Kristoff, Anna and Elsa put the Magic Kingdom “on ice” with pre-parade appearances just ahead of the 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade.
- Guests looking to dance the night away can join the Disney pals – all dressed in their PJs – at one of two late-night dance parties. They can kick up their heels at the Frontierland Dance Party, near Country Bear Jamboree, from 2 a.m. – 6 a.m. At Cinderella Castle, Disney’s “Up All Night” Dance Party keeps things hopping from 2:00 a.m. – 5:45 a.m. with awesome DJ, stiltwalkers and lots of fun party people!
- As that 24th hour comes to a close, everyone will make their way to Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., for a special finale moment with Mickey and the gang.