Next time you visit Disney World, things may look a little different. That is, with these 12 confirmed changes coming to Walt Disney World. This includes updates to some, while others close and 10 new rides/attractions to look forward too!
Updates to rides & attractions:
1. Mission: Space at Epcot – takes an average guest and turns them into navigators, pilots and more. Now, coming in August 2017 guests can partake in new adventures.
Choose from the updated Orange mission to Mars, with more intense training for daring guests. Or, try the new Green mission around Earth, which is not as intense.
2. The China Pavilion at Epcot’s World Showcase – is getting an update. China Pavilion’s new film will feature the latest technology available. The new film will showcase the best of China with Circle-Vision show technology used in filming.
3. Characters in Flight at Disney Springs – gets a new name. Now called, Aerophile – The World Leader in Balloon Flight. Still the same attraction, where guests can soar up to 400 feet for the ultimate view of Disney Springs in a helium balloon.
4. Pirates of the Caribbean – recently added an on-ride photo opportunity, plus one scene will be updated for 2018. The Mercado auction is getting an overhaul. The famous red head pictured above will reappear, however, with a new role. No longer will the auction host a “wench for a bride”. She will instead help with the “unloading” of “valuables” for the townspeople, such as animals.
Rides & Attractions Closing:
5. The Great Movie Ride at Hollywood Studios – will close on August 13, 2017 in preparation for a new ride. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway invites guests into a Mickey cartoon short on a zany adventure.
6. Universe of Energy at Epcot– Guardians of the Galaxy attraction will replace Universe of Energy attraction Therefore, Universe of Energy which will close August 13, 2017 in preparation.
New Rides & Attractions:
7. Disney Skyliner – is coming to Disney World, the name for the Gondola system and it will feature your favorite characters. Disney Skyliner will connect: Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach resorts & more with Disney’s Hollywood Studios, plus the International Gateway at Epcot.
8. Toy Story Land – will be opened for guests in the Summer of 2018, at Walt Disney World and add 2 new rides. Guests can expect new experiences such as Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.
9. Star Wars: Galaxy Edge – In 2019, guests can visit Star Wars: Galaxy Edge, which will introduce 2 new major attractions. Also, expect more character interactions and to become a part of the story in Star Wars: Galaxy Edge.
10. The France Pavilion at Epcot – The “Ratatouille”-inspired attraction will have a home in the France pavilion at the World Showcase. It is expected to be similar to the Ratatouille: The Adventure attraction at Walt Disney World Studios Park, Paris.
11. Tron ride at Magic Kingdom – Magic Kingdom will be getting a new ride also, a Tron inspired attraction will have a new home next to Space Mountain. TRON Lightcycle Power Run attraction at Shanghai Disneyland has been very successful and now Disney World in Florida will have its turn. The ride is expected to be complete by 2021.
12. New Theatre at Magic Kingdom – The new theatre is inspired by Willis Wood theater in 1920s Kansas City (where Walt Disney lived for a time). This new venue will be provide guests with top notch entertainment, however no announcements on what that will be at this time.
Click here for all the latest Disney News!
Going to Disney? You might qualify for a Disney Gift Card when you book your trip with the Couponing to Disney travel specialist!